Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

For ****'s and giggles, I decided to attempt to answer the question of the thread.

Average age of 5th gen owners, according to my math is 42.7 (rounded up from 42.652777.......)

I added up everyone's ages that replied, with a 5th gen, and divided by the number of 5th gen owners who replied.. so 3071/72 if I counted correctly.. haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got total count of 72. Average age being 42, median age being 36. Which means that half the posters are below 36, half are above... there are just some old guys/gals pulling the average up ;)

Hey watch who you're calling "old guys". We prefer 'mature' guys. :D
Not sure if you counted me or not. Had a 2011 Ltd when this came out but no longer have an Explorer. Waiting for the 2016 model and then I'll be a little more 'mature' as well.

Peter (mature, old fart)

According to my birth certificate I am 67, according to my wife I am 10. So I guess my average age is 38.

Peter, you were accounted for.. haha.

Or there could be..

I got total count of 72. Average age being 42, median age being 36. Which means that half the posters are below 36, half are above... there are just some old guys/gals pulling the average up ;)

Some young wiper snappers pulling the average down...but I do like your nickname. Brings back memories of fun times seeing how high I could over clock a AMD processor. :thumbsup:

33 - 2015 explorer sport

31- 2015 Sport ordered

Im 28 now...got my ford explorer sport Jan 2013 when I was still 27.

74 male. Bought a loaded 2012 XLT w/2500 mi. Paid $33K. Use it to tow behind my Motorhome 4 wheels down. Put on a clear bra to protect the front end and so far after 7K miles of towing no damage!

31, traded in my F-350 Super Duty Diesel for something a little smaller. Been in love since I test drove it. Got it 11/10/14 as a birthday gift for myself.

47- '14 Black Ex Sport traded in my '99 Sport with 223k miles.

58 male. 2015 Sport. Needed something to tow a boat that wasn't clumsy when not towing.

It appears to me that there are a lot of younger Sport owners on this forum compared to us "older" XLT and Limited owners. How does that compute?

It appears to me that there are a lot of younger Sport owners on this forum compared to us "older" XLT and Limited owners. How does that compute?

I'm 49 and have an XLT, albeit a rather loaded one, but I saved a bundle buying it used just before it came off lease. I paid cash.

When I was in my 30's and married we had a brand new Porsche Boxster as a 3rd play car - and big car payments and high insurance.

When I got divorced, I bought a brand new 2000 BMW 540i and put another $25k into in on a full Dinan tuning. Had big car payments and high insurance - plus a paid for GMC Jimmy as my mud car and a Nissan Pathfinder for my vacation house. That was bought used cash.

You see listed in my sig below what I own now. All bought used with cash. Own my primary home and vacation home outright. Have saved enough that I don't have to work a day for the rest of my life if I don't want to, but things would be tight.

Perhaps I will splurge in 5 years or so when I know I am truly set, but a divorce, leaving the corporate world and starting my own biz, and then the great recession, all taught me to be more frugal.

I get young people (particularly men) wanting nice toys and the best and fastest. I did it myself.

However anyone wants to go about paying for a vehicle, and what type they get - that's their business. I don't knock people who live any type of lifestyle just so long as they don't harm the equal rights others.

Seems to me people buy the type of Ex that makes them happy and works for them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

70 - Male 2015 Sport. Would not have bought an Explorer if the Twin Turbo weren't available.

Back