New Rims and Tires on the Sport, now With Pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Rims and Tires on the Sport, now With Pics

Smitty814

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Ford Explorer Sport
This weekend I installed new wheels and tires on my '14 Sport. I went with Mach 5 wheels, 20"x9.5", 40 offset. I wet with Toyo Proxes S/T II, 275/45/20. I also installed red caliper covers. The rims and caliper cover look great. The tires look good but are the loudest tires I have ever heard. They are as loud as my BFG Mud Terrains on my GMC 2500. The tires were recommended from the wheel company. The tires will be changed in the next 2 weeks. The rim size, tire size and offset brought the tires out quite abit. I could have gone with a 35 offset and it would have been close to flush.

Anyone looking to change tires and rims, this is a setup that really looks good.

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:ttiwwp:

Peter

Hey Kevin, just sent you a PM.

I will post some pictures tomorrow. As soon as I can figure out how.

Kevin

imagejpg2_zpsaa809771.jpg

imagejpg1_zps0b5a4539.jpg

Here are a copy of pictures I took with my phone. Best I have so far.

Windows are tinted, 3M black on the door handles, Livernois 93 performance, Mach 5 rims and soon to be not Toyo tires.

Kevin

I probably should have said that I'm planning on keeping my stock rims. I'm going to use them as winter rims.

Kevin

Hi Kevin. Have you checked for 20" Winter tires? I can only find two on 1010tires.com and they are a Pirelli ($355) and a Yokohama ($444). Both show Sold Out. I think the prices are in Canadian $$ since it is a Canadian site. On tirerack.com the same two are shown plus the Blizzak LM-60.
That was one reason I went with 17" Winters on my 2011 Ltd.

Peter

Peter,
I'm going to go with the Blizzaks. I found some that will go on the stock rims.

Kevin

I'm hoping to go with the Blizzak DM-V1 if I can get the info needed to see if I can get an 18" Interceptor or other Ford steel wheel to fit on my MKT. I'll wait and see what Ford's Winter Tire Package offers this year. Haven't decided yet whether or not I'll get the TPMS sensors again this time.

Peter

That looks great. Nice work. When I get enough post I plan to post some PICs of my black out project

Back