• Register Today It's free!

livernois question

jjl290

Reaction score
City, State
new york long island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
Does the tuner come preloaded with tunes ? or do you have to upload information from your explorer to livernois first , then wait for livernois to send you tunes.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you should be asking the vendor instead of an internet group about the vendors product.

I think you should be asking the vendor instead of an internet group about the vendors product.[/QUOT

Many people on this forum have this product, and are willing to help each other

jjl, you upload and Livernois sends you the tunes. Well worth it. Gotta love some of the answers you get.

Kevin

Yes... What Smitty said....lol

The tuner arrives setup to read the strategy code from your computer. You hook it up to the truck and get that code. Then you email Livernois your details. Usually very shortly after, you run the tune downloader software on a computer and it will have all the tunes available to you....

HIGHLY recommended. Think V6 Mustang compared to a 5.0.....

Enjoy!

Is it necessary to change the thermostat ,or is this only for warmer climates . Here in new York we have 87, 89 and 93 octane fuel . I run 93 octane all the time. Also dose it take long for livernois to send you the tunes. I have read other post on this forum where people have waited a long time for there tunes, maybe that was the sct tuner through .
thanks

I believe the t-stat change is recommended but not necessary; I'd ask Livernois though as you live in a very different climate than I do.

Running the 93, your already ahead of the game as that is always on my list of recommendations for Sport owners looking for more power. It's shocking the number of people that bought this truck for more power, are looking for mods, but aren't already using it to its stock potential (not counting the ones that can't get 93 that is!).

I'm personally running the 93 V2 High Boost tune and it was just what I was looking for. From Livernois the tunes my experience was (and others have said the same on the forum) that it typically take one business day or so. The long delays on tunes were for another tuner (not pointing fingers here).

so let me ask this question what is the reason for changing the thermostat.is it necessary to change the thermostat. I live in New York and I like to have plenty of heat in the winter time for my car. Thanks for your help people

Does the tuner come preloaded with tunes ? or do you have to upload information from your explorer to livernois first , then wait for livernois to send you tunes.

Thanks
It does not come with box tunes… you will upload your engine info via the programmer and send it to livernois. They will send you the tunes you want. Ex, 93oct, 87 octane, tow mode any octane and so on.

Back