Caliper Covers for Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Caliper Covers for Sport

You just need to say "Fast and Furious" :)

The ricers also put those horrible sounding "fart can" mufflers on their "import" cars and add big wings to create that total douchebag sound and look.

Our Sports are way too classy for any of that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HAHA that's some funny stuff. Thanks everybody. I will try to avoid the RICER look and I don't think the covers look like that at all. I think a can of spray on glossy black paint would look ricer. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Line from 1980's Cheech and Chong movie next movie

looks like he went through Pep Boys with a magnet...

$200....are they kidding?........the calipers don't cost that much. Try $19.99

If those SPORT letters were actually a badge it would be over 200.00. Those Ford emblems are at-least 50.00 a piece at ford parts. Though, I think they are painted on the plastic.

If those SPORT letters were actually a badge it would be over 200.00. Those Ford emblems are at-least 50.00 a piece at ford parts. Though, I think they are painted on the plastic.

The covers are made of metal and the SPORT logo is baked into the paint. I just got mine... Going to install Monday. I will post some before and after photos.

Got my chrome handles blacked out today. I just have a few more little areas to cover for a full blackout look :)

You do what makes you happy and not what everyone else says to do :thumbsup:

You bought your vehicle for you and not for others . Most people that comment about modifying the Sport , don't want to modify . As far as the "ricer" comment , there are plenty of people with "ricer" modifications that most people would never consider "ricer".....which is such a stupid term :thumbdwn:

Definitely post pics after install and don't worry about all the negative comments :thumbsup:

I just took another look at those ebay pics. You gotta love the fact that only a jack was used to work on the vehicle without a jack stand!

buzz

I just took another look at those ebay pics. You gotta love the fact that only a jack was used to work on the vehicle without a jack stand!

buzz
it takes like 2 minutes to install these things . i'm shocked they even used a jack at all . I bet you can install by going through the wheel itself :thumbsup:

probably takes longer to jack up the truck and take off the wheel :D

The website says it can be done without removing the wheel. But for safety I will use a jack and stand :) after looking at mine the SPORT logo is stamped in the metal then painted and baked very cool. I will post a good close up before install the quality is very high grade.

Please don't be THAT guy!

SPORT caliper cover thoughts?

In order for these caliper covers to have enough clearance in the rear I had to add 3mm spacers. I put one on all four hubs to make sure everything's even. I had the spacers made to order by MotorTech in case anyone else wanted to get them, they fit perfect and there's no change in performance.

Next on the my mod list are black emblems front and back. Also considering covering the chrome handles.

I've had this Sport for 2 weeks now and am loving it more every day! Glad to be a new member of this forum, it's great!

imagejpg3_zps87d16fed.jpg
imagejpg1_zpsd03fa7d5.jpg

Odd. I did not need spacers on mine. However added aggressive spacers a few months later.

I didn't want to have to use them and tried to install them without spacers but the rear covers rubbed on both sides. I tried taking them off and reinstalling them multiple times thinking there must be something I was doing wrong, but to no avail. THe 3mm spacers give just enough clearance for the set I have.

Make sure the cover is flat up against the caliper. If not, bend the brackets that are on the cover a few degrees and it will bring the cover in so it's snug.

Do your cover completely cover the calipers? Mine leave a bit of the bottom edge exposed on the Sport EX.

No, the covers don't cover 100% of the calipers. There is a small portion it doesn't cover. I'll take pictures tonight and post them so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks that would be great, I bet it will be the same as mine.

Also, there is a small tab on the backside of the rear covers towards the wheel hub. That needs to sit below the caliper bracket, not on top. If your tab is sitting on top, that is why you are having a clearance issue.

Looks great though.

No it sits below as it's supposed to. Everything fits great after the 3mm spacers. Here is the photo I said I'd take (sorry it's so dark, I had bad lighting in the garage). As you can see there's just a minute portion the caliper the cover doesn't cover

imagejpg1_zpsa63cc23a.jpg

Thank you fir picture, same as mine, does not cover whole caliper

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back