Anyone have 2015 sport Money Factor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have 2015 sport Money Factor?

F150EB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
I'm thinking of leasing and wanted to see what this is. I can't seem to get a clear answer from multiple dealers. One told me a number that calculated out to 12%, another tells me its 1 so I assume they mean 1%.
Also the residual value is 57% I believe for 12k miles @ 36 months but wanted to double check.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum F150EB.:wavey:
I think a residual value depends upon the type of vehicle you get and its popularity. I leased my 2011 Ex Limited for 48 months and the buyout was set at $19,100 @ 25k kms/year (15,500 miles). The price was around $51,800. The MKT I have now is on a 36 month lease with a buyout of $25,900 on a $58,800 cost. Mileage allowance is 16,000 kms/year (10k miles). This is my 6th lease and my next one, hopefully a 2016 Ex will be the 7th. Keep in mind that the $$ figures are in Canadian dollars.
I know that there are many who are not in favour of leasing. For me, I doubt I'll ever 'buy' a new car again. With leasing here, the 13% tax is payable only on your monthly payment. I don't have to pay 13% on the entire vehicle price up front. This is nice since I won't be paying the full vehicle price anyway due to it being a predetermined time lease. If you plan to keep the Explorer a long time, then I think buying it outright would be a better plan.

Peter

Thanks Peter. The vehicle I'm looking at is a 2015 Sport.

The Sports are a very popular model. I know that some members had a difficult time finding one on dealer lots toward the end of the model year. Good luck.

Peter

I just bought an Explorer with the XPlan. You hear lots of rumors about it, and some dealers don't know much about it. Leasing is the same way. I called Ford in Michigan and spoke to someone who answered all my questions. You may want to try that route and see where it gets you. Good luck.

Did you call the Ford Marketing Department?

I, too, have used xplan. But dealers have the option to accept xplan on a vehicle on their lot. If the demand is high, then it's the dealers discretion. See option 4 on the below link.

http://www.fordpartner.com/

Good luck!

Did you call the Ford Marketing Department?

You know, I'm not sure. I called Ford, spoke to a secretary, told her my issue, and she transferred me to someone who could help. And help they did, she knew exactly what she was talking about. So I suggest you call and tell them your concern and they should send you in the proper direction.

Back