• Register Today It's free!

Keypad question

Tyleryac

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I just got my explorer yesterday and of course the guy didn't remember the code.

So I followed the How To so I could get the factory key. The unit is a Bosch unlike the one in the How To and I couldn't find the code.\

Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you look in the owners manual? Sometimes there is a card in there.

Also, if I remember correctly in the how to, some guys found it under the windshield or something similar and behind the ps trim of the C pillar. If you looked behind the trim, maybe it is in the other place. Read the whole thread of the how to.

Austin

No owner's manual came with the car. I'll look in the other spot. Thanks.

get a mirror to save 10 minutes...

Its in the pillar behind the right rear door.

I just got my explorer yesterday and of course the guy didn't remember the code.

So I followed the How To so I could get the factory key. The unit is a Bosch unlike the one in the How To and I couldn't find the code.\

Any thoughts?

mine was bosch to and its the big 5 digit # near the center.

Ok, thanks.

Just looked for mine yesterday. Took all of ten minutes and I didn't even have to unbolt the seatbelt. The numbers were a lot bigger than I was expecting so they were easy to read.

Ok, I found the code. The keypad itself however is not functioning. It doesn't even light up.

I bet you have a blown fuse and/or bad wires where they leave the door and go into the cab. I would remove the rubber boot and check there first.

Back