1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Wait tell it cools off and it will go 14.5 easy !! I have not had time to get mine to the track but I think I am going to wait for cooler weather.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well documented. thanks for sharing.

Help with launch please

Help with launch please.

Heading to the track with my Sport tonight for the first time.

Mods

93 Lund Tune
AirAid intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Lowered

Any suggestions about best launch practices with a Sport?

RPMs?

Mode?

Paddle shift or automatic ?

Thanks for any input

Help with launch please.

Heading to the track with my Sport tonight for the first time.

Mods

93 Lund Tune
AirAid intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Lowered

Any suggestions about best launch practices with a Sport?

RPMs?

Mode?

Paddle shift or automatic ?

Thanks for any input

2300 launch

sand mode right after it shifts to 2nd put in normal

automatic

Let us know what it goes...

Will the foot brake hold at 2300 RPM's?

Did you disable traction control?

04Mach1....what's your best time in your Sport? Mods?

oz64cobra01......are you referring to an Explorer Sport in the quote below? If so, I had never heard of a "Race Mode".

Here is something for you to try.
Put it in manual mode, use select buttons on stearing wheel and put the 1 st gear indicator to the far left and double tap the left paddle shifter. This puts it in race mode. Press brake, press gas to about 3000 rpms, then floor it while letting off the brake and it will shift at 6,000 rpms, into 4th at the 1/4 mile. Already tried this and it works. Going to Gainesville raceway next Wednesday to see what it will do. Hoping a high 13 low 14. Just ran my stock 14 Mustang gt at 13.25 @ 107 MPH.

I will video the selection later this morning and try to post it up tonight.

By the way, this keeps your mode selection in normal.

Thie quote below was posted in another thread on this forum.....does anyone know if he is referencing an Explorer Sport or some other vehicle? I was not aware of a "Race Mode".

Here is something for you to try.
Put it in manual mode, use select buttons on stearing wheel and put the 1 st gear indicator to the far left and double tap the left paddle shifter. This puts it in race mode. Press brake, press gas to about 3000 rpms, then floor it while letting off the brake and it will shift at 6,000 rpms, into 4th at the 1/4 mile. Already tried this and it works.

Will the foot brake hold at 2300 RPM's?

Did you disable traction control?

04Mach1....what's your best time in your Sport? Mods?

I have not run mine yet.. I would try the t/c either way. Foot brake it to 2300

I have not heard anything about race mode. sorry !!

Those suggestions are right on. Foot break has held for me in that area fine. If you can, find an empty parking lot and practice a few launches 0-30 before you go.

If you feel big wheel hop on the 1-2 shift scale back, launch RPMs, still there? then even back off on sand mode if necessary.

You have to come out of the hole hard or the run is going to be a dud. It's all about finding the sweet spot that works for you, the truck and your tune.

Good luck... Post your results....!

Thanks for the launch ideas.

We got rained out.

Will try again next Friday

2300 launch sand mode right after it shifts to 2nd put in normal automatic Let us know what it goes...
Just curious, what is the reason to spin the traction knob to back to normal in the middle of the acceleration? I'm hitting the track Wednesday this week for the first time and want to get a good result on paper ;) I did a couple of short practice runs at an empty parking lot earlier today (Labour Day). Didn't get any wheel hop or tire screech between 1 and 2nd that I've read about either - sand mode, 2000 rpm, 93 performance tune. Guess I need more practice to find the balance point when launching.

The Owner's Guide states the following;

Note: The Sand and Mud/Ruts modes are for off-road use only.

Being that it is for off-road use only, I'm guessing that the 'Sand' setting is not to be used for high speed conditions.

Peter

I was toying with mine and it stalled up to about 2600 rpm and cut the power.
Guess at that rpm the awd system sees too much tq. maybe?

I launched mine in sand mode one time about 4k miles ago and it hit the 1-2 hard enough to kill the power so i never bothered with it again.

Just curious, what is the reason to spin the traction knob to back to normal in the middle of the acceleration? I'm hitting the track Wednesday this week for the first time and want to get a good result on paper ;) I did a couple of short practice runs at an empty parking lot earlier today (Labour Day). Didn't get any wheel hop or tire screech between 1 and 2nd that I've read about either - sand mode, 2000 rpm, 93 performance tune. Guess I need more practice to find the balance point when launching.

That is the best way to get the best time in the 1/4 mile plus I would not want to run it in sand mode at 95+ mph....

The Owner's Guide states the following;

Note: The Sand and Mud/Ruts modes are for off-road use only.

Peter

Track counts as off road right? :D

Post your time slips

I finally got my '14 Sport to the track.

Post your Sport time slips and mods so we can compare what's working and what's not.

Lund 93 Tune
Magnaflow Exhaust
Airaid intake
Lowered
Normal Mode 1300 RPM launch
1/8th mile track

500_zpse045dc3c.jpg

I like this idea also... I am waiting for cooler weather to get a baseline for my Sport.

20140824_090021.jpg

Best so far.. hope to be faster next time I go up with Torrie's newest tune. This run was a 93 octane unleashed tune.

Mods: k&n panel filter, 93 octane unleashed tune.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you please post your mods?

Thanks

Back