• Register Today It's free!

Ac compressor problem

StricklandUSN

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT V6 FLEX
Ok recently when running my ac I realize my car after driving with ac awhile 10 to 15 mins obviously not everything e but it seems it's only when I run ac wants to die out it seems but then jolts back up like its hung up then gets let go shortly after that happens a couple times I lose all power no matter how much gas I give it and it dies It takes about five minutes of sitting as long as ac is off it will restart if I leave ac off no more problem. Could my compressor cause that much friction to stop belt I'm assuming this is what happening my original thought was fuel pump because I have the high fuel rail pressure and it's original fuel pump .

This is a stock 2004 ford explorer v6 flex fuel recent blend air door fix done at shop well within two years he told me my freon was low or whatever and he topped it off for me...since the blend air door fix when Turing ac on so times you hear loud clunks like if you start it high all of the sudden still makes the noise if u start low just not as loud so your not thinking what the heck just happened.
Could he have over filld the freon? Or something to that effect. I read about by passing it any links on what to buy and how to proceed would help

If you have the system evacuated, you can pop the orifice tube out and inspect it. If the compressor grenaded, it'll be evident by the condition of the orifice.

You said it was topped off, which would imply you have a leak. It's a sealed system and shouldn't need topped off. If it's allowed air inside the sytem, you could be having pressure issues, don't know if that would actually kill the car though. Does it blow cold at all?
Can't see how the compressor would prevent the car from re-starting.

Does still blow cold air. I only notice the issue when I'm running ac so stile it does the hesitat and rpm jump when ac is off I think I usually have ac on well lately not because I don't want it to die in the virginia tunnels lol

Back