• Register Today It's free!

Help a Moron?

UnlukyMo

Reaction score
City, State
Sedalia, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
I have been told to update my vehicle details in the left side column, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that? I looked all through the user CP and then looked through the site FAQ and the "welcome new members" threads. I am sure it is there and I am just missing it, but I simply can't find it.

Someone mind helping an idiot learn to fish???

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you click on the User CP it is at the top of the list in the left hand column

Not 'told' Matt. :) I only request members to update. It is their choice to do so or not. It just makes it easier for the rest of us to answer certain questions/concerns a little better if we know which model we are dealing with if the poster doesn't state it in their post. It also means that you don't have to mention it in every post. You don't even have to have an Explorer to post here.
As Dr Plastic mentioned, click on User CP at the top left of the page and then select Edit Your Details and then enter the info in Year and Model field in the Registration Required Information - All fields are required area.

Peter

No - I agree it makes it easier for people to help us stupid people if you know what we have, but I just can't figure out how to get it in there!

I entered "2012 Ford Explorer" in that field when I signed up and it has always been there, but I don't see an area to fill in the "Vehicle Specs" information that gives all the in depth information I assume you guys need to see?

Am I talking about 2 different things here?

I mentioned I was a moron - right?

The field where you entered 2012 Ford Explorer also requests the 'model' which could be Base, XLT, Sport or Limited.
For vehicle specs, you have to follow the same procedure but then go the 'Settings and Options' part and click on Edit Options. When that page comes up, scroll down to Thread Display Options and scroll down a little more, depending on your screen size, and you will see where you can enter various information such as Engine, Year, Transmission, etc. The information entered there will then be available for viewing by anyone who clicks on Vehicle Specs in the margin of your posts. Hope that clarifies it. BTW, you aren't the first to ask about that.

Peter

Got it - thank you!

I put my vehicle specs in the signature at the bottom of my posts

Good call also - thank you!

Back