Any way to get elevation on '11 NAV screen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any way to get elevation on '11 NAV screen?

jk60543

Reaction score
City, State
Oswego, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Kona Blue
I know that when you enter diagnostics mode the GPS section will indicate your elevation. Does any one know how to get that data on the regular NAV screen.

I would like to see the elevation of the pass I am driving through.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know that when you enter diagnostics mode the GPS section will indicate your elevation. Does any one know how to get that data on the regular NAV screen.

I would like to see the elevation of the pass I am driving through.

Not as a default display on the screen. But when you put MFT into diagnostic mode it shows elevation.

See the link for putting MFT into diagnostic mode;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324878

Why in the world did Ford not include elevation on the GPS system screen, they went backwards - as even my 2012 F150 displays Elevation on the screen, it would be a very handy feature to have indeed

I guess it might be handy info for some but there haven't been many posts about it not being there. Not something I miss or would use for any reason.

Peter

For one thing, elevation on a standard GPS is extremely inaccurate. Yes, it will give you some indication, but don't expect it to be correct.

I guess it might be handy info for some but there haven't been many posts about it not being there. Not something I miss or would use for any reason.

Peter

:thumbsup: agreed....zero value to me also.....

Well for $795 the factory Nav should include elevation considering a $150 Garmin has it. It would be useful for mpg comparison runs as well. Not really fair to claim a 30 mpg run when you went from 8,000 feet down to 4,000.

I can see where that might be helpful Adam, but not sure how many people would actually use it for that. I don't know why the Nav doesn't have it. Perhaps it is an idea you can post on the Ford Social website as a suggestion for future builds. I recently added a suggestion there for a cover to prevent accidental activation of the 3rd row seats. This is the thread with the link if interested.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401892

Peter

Back