Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I recently bought a 2014 Ford Explorer. I misplaced my key code to set up my keyless entry on the door. Is there a generic code that Ford uses for that model. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently bought a 2014 Ford Explorer. I misplaced my key code to set up my keyless entry on the door. Is there a generic code that Ford uses for that model. Thanks
Welcome to the Forum cmitchell78.:wavey:
As per my PM, I have moved your post to this existing thread on the key code. See my post 5 as to the location where some of the models show the code.

Peter

My 2011 explorer had a glitch in the keypad. It's been in the shop for a week.

Did you get this fix? My 2011 Expl, just stopped working. Worked fine for 3 years. I am wondering if I need to take it into the shop.

cagvdm, La foto del código debajo del tablero es de un 2011, pero creo que es en el mismo lugar para otros modelos de años también.
Bienvenidos al Foro. :wavey:

Peter

Did you get this fix? My 2011 Expl, just stopped working. Worked fine for 3 years. I am wondering if I need to take it into the shop.

After a week in the shop it was fixed. Mine would unlock if you just swiped the keypad. I had to get rid of my Explorer, it had too many computer issues which included the power steering going out. If you haven't already, check into the power steering recall.

Welcome to the Forum mamaduck71.:wavey:
Which model do you have? It would help if you added it to your profile so it shows in the margin. In this case it shouldn't make a difference since I believe all but the Base have the Securicode pad. Do you have power to it or is it blank when you touch it? If you have power, are you able to lock the doors by pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 keys at the same time?

Peter

After a week in the shop it was fixed. Mine would unlock if you just swiped the keypad. I had to get rid of my Explorer, it had too many computer issues which included the power steering going out. If you haven't already, check into the power steering recall.

I had that recall taken care of already.

$450 to repair the switch for the key pad. It's not under warrenty cuz I am over mileage. Yea...not gonna spend that kind of money.

Anyone else keypad stopped working on 2011 expl?

2012 Ford Explorer Xlt

Does anyone know where I can find the factory code to my 2012 Explorer? The dealership didn't give it to me and I would like to set up my keyless entry. I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

I'm assuming you've bought a used Ex. But no matter.

Look on the back of the case that holds your owners manuals. My factory code was listed there. Hopefully, you have the case. If not, perhaps the card is inside the owners manual. It's white, and a little bigger than a credit card.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

I had read that somewhere else and of course wasn't their. But i did just find it, by doing.more research. It's to the left of the brake pedal. Gotta get yourself under their and definitely needed a flashlight but it was on a little white sticker and had an L at the end of the numbers! Thanks

I merged your thread with this existing one. Check out my post #5 for the info location.

Peter

Does anyone know where I can find the factory code to my 2012 Explorer? The dealership didn't give it to me and I would like to set up my keyless entry. I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Assuming it is not a Push Button Start... get in the car with both keys, put the first one in and turn it all the way just before it turns over, then pull it out and do the same with the second key... The screen on the dash should show the original factory 5-didgit code. Now this CAN be done w/ the smart key fobs for the push button start using the same process, however I have never had to do it w/ the wifes car, so you would need to do some trial and error.

FYI: This works with any 2011+ Ford w/ a door code (very few exceptions may apply)

Hope that helps.

2014 Explorer door code is under steering wheel on the left wall, partially blocked a panel that can pushed down slightly. Put the driver's seat back as far as it will go to get under steering wheel. I used a phone flashlight app to see the code which is five digits long.

keyless door code

I have a 2011 explorer xlt fwd and cannot find the factory door code. Someone told me that it may be on the fuse box under dash on a decal. The number I see is 03550L and that did not work. I want to change the code.

03550 should be the code. If that doesn't work then it is possible its defective or someone has used IDS to reset it. In the later case only a dealer read of the unit with IDS software will reveal the correct code.

Recovering keyless entry code

How can I recover the keyless entry code on the used 2013 explorer XLT? Thanks

Welcome to the Forum sevlander.:wavey:
The thread you were looking for was just a couple below your new one. I have merged yours with it (this one). Check out post 5. That is the factory code which cannot be deleted. Not sure if the previous owner may have changed the code or not.

Peter

Why do people keep messing with these codes? Makes no sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought a Ford CPO and call me crazy but I would've thought Ford would've provided the code, but nope. I can't get these steps to work with both keys ... I've tried doing this quick and slow and in-between .... help!
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...l?sync=my-ford-touch&model=Explorer&year=2013

Displaying the Factory Set Code
With Integrated Keyhead Transmitters
You will need to have two programmed passive anti-theft keys for this procedure. To display the factory-set code in the information display:

Insert a key into the ignition and switch the ignition on for a few seconds.
Switch the ignition off and remove the key.
Insert the second key into the ignition and switch the ignition on.
The factory-set code will display for a few seconds. It may not display until after other warning messages have displayed first.

Back