sirhk100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
100_3101_zpsc04d63c5.jpg

When you're out camping, wheeling, exploring, etc... How are you strapping down gear in the back of your rig? I've got a strip of E-Track across the rear portion of the cargo area and at the front of the cargo area right where the rear seats hinge that work great.

demo_erikson_etrack_d_ring_59131_644.jpg

I've had great success with this setup. I currently strap my spare down inside flat typically but this past weekend was able to strap it standing up. One of my projects later this summer is a more permanent way of securing that though.

But... For longer trips, I fold my back seats down flat to take advantage of that cargo area. They still have the functioning mechanisms so they latch down flat and secure which is nice but...

Has anyone come up with a good tie down/cargo secure system for that area on top of the rear seats when folded down? It would be nice to know 100% of my gear in the back is strapped down when out doing longer multi-day trips.

I'm open for ideas if anyone has any!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only thing in can think of is to put some small "D" rings in the floor in front of the folded down seats and use the end of your e-track for the other side. There is no place to mount any hold downs on the back of the seats, they are just plastic under the carpet. Unless you pull the seats apart and make some kind of plating to extend your e-track.

I thought about getting the e-track system, but just bought a bunch of mini "D" rings at HF on sale and welded them to the floor under the carpet. Seems to work fine for me.

Hmm, the mounts on the floor may actually work!

I also use the E-Track bolted to the top of the tool box I built. I saved the factory tie downs that were in the cargo area and bolted them to the floor in the back seat and use the E-track as the rear anchor point. The make a mount for the E-track with a ring on it so you can use a regular strap, cant tell if that is what you are using. I also like using the E-track straps, I just cut off the extra length that I don't need. If you have any left over E-track you could also bolt that to the floor in the back seat, I've been thinking about doing it that way.

Just looked at the pictures again an d see that you do have the ring mounts.

Back