Push Bar for Explorer | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just for record, a 32 inch light bar will fit between the uprights. (measures 33")
Also when considering some light options, Setina will install in the top bar, lights, with pre wire configuration.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So do you need to remove the front end to do this install?

So do you need to remove the front end to do this install?

Pushbar requires bumper removal, took my local shop around ~45 minutes. Light install does not require the bumper to be removed.

NOFEARCT, do you have Active Cruise Control? Just wondering because it would seem that the driver's side of the push bar would block/interfere with the radar unit.

Peter

Pushbar requires bumper removal, took my local shop around ~45 minutes. Light install does not require the bumper to be removed.

Hopefully gonna try the removal process myself and see how it goes

NOFEARCT, do you have Active Cruise Control? Just wondering because it would seem that the driver's side of the push bar would block/interfere with the radar unit.

Peter

I do not.
I can't comment on the placement of cruise control but I imagine it would be obstructed...

Hopefully gonna try the removal process myself and see how it goes

The installation of the push bar and it's accompanying hardware seemed pretty simple, assuming you can manage the removal of the bumper cover. Best of luck! I think Setina includes installation instructions if I recall correctly.

the bumper cover has remarkably few fasteners. bulky, but not difficult.

Does anyone have a copy or PDF of the install instructions?

Yes, I'll scan it tomorrow and post ... unless someone else beats me to it.
Does anyone have a copy or PDF of the install instructions?

Send me a PM with your email. I have scanned the instructions which are three pages, but don't see right away how to post on this thread.

Setina Instructions for PB400 Pushbar

Okay, sorry it took so long. But here is the three page instruction detail for the Setina PB400 Pushbar. I had to degrade the copy of page two since it was too large for this forums rules. PM me if you want a full set as one file or the good page two.

Attachments

• Segment 001 of Setina instructions.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,093
  • Segment 003 of Setina instructions.pdf
    734 KB · Views: 503
  • setina page 2.pdf
    153.1 KB · Views: 497

Thank you very much!

Turned out great and I really appreciate it

serious question, what is the purpose of a push bar on a non-LE vehicle?

It's a great place to mount additional lights, looks cool, and adds a touch of utility appearance.

serious question, what is the purpose of a push bar on a non-LE vehicle?

because we can... a not so serious answer. But besides the other stated reasons, it keeps the "park by touch" people off your grill...:eek:

westin push bar elite

Hello! I couldn't find a thread for this.
Has anyone installed the westin push bar elite on their explorer? I personally like the looks of this push bar over others on the market. I found it on carid. The description says it's for the interceptor version, but I'm curious if anyone's put it on models other than the interceptor. I just don't want to cut out holes in the plastics.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One thing you must keep in mind is that if you have Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) any bull bar installation will likely interfere with it.

Peter

Back