2003 - Power Steering Line From Cooler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 - Power Steering Line From Cooler

KINgGh0sT

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport
Hey there,

I was trying to find a power steering leak and I replaced the hose but I noticed the line going into the Rack was cracked before fixing the hose too. Well low and behold when removing the hose the aluminum line came off too. Is this part 3A713B?

Also since ALLDATA doesn't quite show this. How is it attached to the Rack? Is it just threaded in? It is sheered right at the rack so I am not sure how I am going to get it out.

Thanks,
Ryan

FmgKy8C.jpg

a0LVjk6.jpg

aB7g72i.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this the diagram you were using?

That's the diagram I was using.

So yes, I believe it is 3A713B...

Now anyone have any good tips on how to get that sheered line off? How is it connected to the rack? I took the nut off to the right of the hose. Ford dealer said they have literally no clue when they could order it in and it's $50. I can't be down a truck that long!

Anyone know what to do? You can't order the part from Ford and no 3rd party sells it. What models have this same Rack?

To remove the remaining piece of the line, you have to remove the clamp that is holding it on
steering1.gif

The replacement part 3A713B is ford # 6L5Z3A713H which is available from all OEM Ford part dealers for around $13 - $20

Got it out! I managed to find one on Ebay. It claims to have low stock too so we will see if he actually has it or not. Now I need to find the Pressure Lines too. Seems like all the major Sites have the wrong lines (Rock Auto, Autozone, Advanced.. etc) They all seem to have ones that threaded into the rack and not held on by that bracket.

Thanks very much for your help!

The auto stores will not carry these, they have to be bought from an OEM supplier. Which line from the diagram are you looking for. I will get you the part number and price.

The auto stores will not carry these, they have to be bought from an OEM supplier. Which line from the diagram are you looking for. I will get you the part number and price.

The 3a719c and 3A719B I believe! Thank you very much for your help.

Fit for 2002 XLT?

To remove the remaining piece of the line, you have to remove the clamp that is holding it on
steering1.gif

The replacement part 3A713B is ford # 6L5Z3A713H which is available from all OEM Ford part dealers for around $13 - $20

Dragging up an old thread here. Does anyone know whether this part number 6L5Z3A713H will fit into the rack of a 2002 XLT 4L V6?

I went to the dealership parts counter today and was told that the only way to get the return line from the rack to the PS cooler was to buy the whole cooler assembly for $100+. Parts diagram from fordparts.com suggests this is the case as well. Has anyone used the part called out in this thread as a replacement on their XLT?

My 2002 is an "early build" (build date = April 2001) - don't know for sure if it has the same steering gear as other 3rd gens, but it sure looks like this might fit.

Back