Nebraska Owners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nebraska Owners

You've got to love Nebraska.
February 2nd and it's 57 degrees, and you're riding your motorcycle to work.
February 3rd and it's below freezing and you can expect up to 10 inches of snow.
Unfortunately, my explorer is stuck in the garage while I wait for some new heads to come in the mail.
What a strange winter it's been.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im down for an Explorer round up at Tuttle Creek. I think it would be great to get some midwest Explorers together for some wheeling. If anybody wants to put a weekend together hit me up and we can plan something.

brothers explorer rollover

not sure what my bros username was on this site, but his youtube username is unicyclerider15. he rolled his 98 v8 explorer on january 28 or 29th. cant remember for sure that day it was. sad day, it was on the mahoney park entrance ramp on the interstate going towards lincoln.
here is the link to where he rolled, he rolled on the bottom left triangle, entering the interstate going towards lincoln its a sad day:(

Im in Papillion. Its a haul, but out by Big Mac there are legal trails to run on. Locally, you just got to watch out for the cops.

I'm heading down to Tuttle Creek this weekend 5/5 to wheel with some of the guys from Good Times 4 Wheelers. If any body is interested in joining in just give me shout.

Im in Papillion. Its a haul, but out by Big Mac there are legal trails to run on. Locally, you just got to watch out for the cops.

Where in Papillion? I don't know what "Big Mac" is. Can you provide a map or directions? When you say "legal trails" do you mean that it's legal only if you don't get caught by the cops? Is it secluded? How large is it? How difficult is it?

Where in Papillion? I don't know what "Big Mac" is. Can you provide a map or directions? When you say "legal trails" do you mean that it's legal only if you don't get caught by the cops? Is it secluded? How large is it? How difficult is it?

Out by Lake McConaughy, about 8 miles east of Ogallala. There are offroad areas that lots of people run around. As far as locally, I know of people running around in farmers fields, trying not to get caught by cops while they are running up and down terraces.

The dirt roads and random fields is what I've been limited to around here (Lincoln). I think I'll try out Tuttle creek before Lake McConaughy. 3 hour drive vs 4.5 hour drive. Thanks for the tip though. I'd definitely like to get out there some day.
Anybody else know any good "safe" off-roading locations near Lincoln?

Anyone still around from nebraska? :p Super old thread I know.

Anyone still around from nebraska? :p Super old thread I know.

I have seen a few lifted explorers around lincoln lately. A couple of them I know are on the forum. One lifted sport that goes to milford, etc etc. Where are you located?

I'm still lurking around too. Still got my 2003 Sport Trac. Wishi could get better fuel mileage out of her.

Ashland Nebraska. So awesome that theres still people out there!!!

We should have a meet sometime soon!!! What do you guys think?

Still looking to get a couple nebraska / iowa / kansas members together for a meetup. Whos interested??

I'm still in Lincoln and would love to do some off roading, however the reason I'm returning to this forum after a long absence is that my clutch went out and I know this forum is the best place to find info. It'll be a little while before I get her back on (or off) the road.

I'm still lurking around too. I'm not much for serious off roading, but never against getting together somewhere for a bite to eat.

Back