• Register Today It's free!

Extended Radius Arms

ron0429

Reaction score
City, State
Cape May County, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello, i was recently looking into the skyjacker extended radius arms for my 93. Wondering if anyone has experience with these and if they come with everything needed for the install and would i need to purchase anything more than just the kit. Plan on running these with bilstein 5100s in the future. Does anybody have any input on this setup or other recommendations? Will these arms clear well during flexing or would other mods be needed? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SJ redesigned the arms a few years back... The previous arms were excellent stuff, I can't imagine the newer ones being anything less (they look even beefier in pics I've seen).

Should come with the trans crossmember and frame brackets (and of course bolts). I don't think anything else is needed if you already have a suspension lift on it.

I liked mine but now have James duff-- I like the way they work.

I liked mine but now have James duff-- I like the way they work.

Whats the difference in how they work? was just reading up on another post that they recommended skyjacker because they have better clearance witht he way theyre shaped. i might have to take a look at the JD arms now :D oh an p.s.! could u post a pic of your rig with the 33s on it? Still debating myself between 35s and 33s wanted to see how 6" lift looks with the 33s

5.5" Superlift with 33x12.50 tires on 15"x8" Crager Soft 8 rims.

yOWdr2A.jpg

Whats the difference in how they work? was just reading up on another post that they recommended skyjacker because they have better clearance witht he way theyre shaped. i might have to take a look at the JD arms now :D oh an p.s.! could u post a pic of your rig with the 33s on it? Still debating myself between 35s and 33s wanted to see how 6" lift looks with the 33s

The JD arms with their rod end allow a bit of adjustability, however the SJ arms seem to be built a bit beefier (I've yet to see anyone post about a broken SJ arm, but have seen at least two JD arms broke/cracked near where the tube is welded into the square section, this in spite of the SJ arms being far more popular).
I'd lean toward the SJ arms with their bushings if you plan to put a lot of street miles on it (especially in winter).

SJ arms do have good clearance, though I haven't really heard any complaints of clearance on JD's either.

Did u have to remove bumper to clear them?

No, they clear the bumper fine. I did have to hammer back the pinch weld though.

I love my JD stuff..;)

Back