Reaction score
City, State
new york long island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
new SYNC Software update
I see this on fords website

anyone update yet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still says mines up to date

New MFT Update

Well the engineers at Ford forgot to mention that the download will NOT work from a Mac. The .zip file just unzips to another .zip file. :mad: Nothing like working with cross platform files. Guess I'll wait until my next scheduled maintenance to get the update.

TBill

Ya none of the MFT updates have ever worked properly with Mac OS, always have to go my old Windows laptop to do the SYNC/MFT updates.

I just updated my 14 Sport as it showed v3.7 was now available, it took about 20-30 minutes. Lots of files being updated, spent most of the time on one file that said "SYNC Image being updated"

I see no noticeable changes so far, at least nothing visible in the GUI.

I can download the file but then it's an invalid file when trying to unzip it. The stated changes are for Navigation only,
Navigation:
•Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
•Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
•Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen

Hey everyone,

Try unzipping with 7-Zip, or another 3rd party program if you have one installed. Dealers are also able to perform the MFT update to your 2014 or 2015 Explorer if you cannot get the files unzipped. :)

Rebecca

I get the same message saying that the file is invalid when trying to unzip it.

Peter

Hey everyone,

Try unzipping with 7-Zip, or another 3rd party program, if you have one installed. Dealers are also able to perform the MFT update to your 2014 or 2015 Explorer if you cannot get the files unzipped. :)

Rebecca
Why have there been so many issues with trying to download updates from our accounts lately? The last time I had to get the update sent to me. This time I'm unable to open it so it will end up being a dealer install. Got no where trying to open it with 7-Zip after I downloaded it. Not exactly a user friendly site.

Peter

7-zip worked for me

I was able to unzip the file, but only using 7-zip. Got the invalid file name using anything else.

agree with others, the process is not really user friendly and i can't imagine having to visit the dealer just for an update like this.

i can only imagine if my 70 year old parents needed to perform the update how many problems they would have.

Still says mines up to date

Do you have Navigation? I don't think it's available if you don't have navigation. It's not available for my Focus w/o navigation.

Same for me.

Actually, not hosed, I did need to use 7zip to open file and extract contents. Have not run update on car yet but so far so good...

MFT Update

The In Vehicle Technology team aught to get their head out of their butts and get with some modern computer technology. I guess as a MAC owner(since 1985) they don't value me as a customer. Guess they don't realize that the iPhone has about 65% of the smart phone market. :mad::eek: Sounds like the Microsoft side of the isle is also having problems with this update!

TB

maybe a 3rd party app for the mac side of things would work as well?

Do you have Navigation? I don't think it's available if you don't have navigation. It's not available for my Focus w/o navigation.

Yep. I have Nav

Hey everyone,

Try unzipping with 7-Zip, or another 3rd party program if you have one installed. Dealers are also able to perform the MFT update to your 2014 or 2015 Explorer if you cannot get the files unzipped. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Does this fix the ambient lighting issue(back to default) or do we need to go to the dealer for that?

I was able to unzip the file, but only using 7-zip. Got the invalid file name using anything else.

agree with others, the process is not really user friendly and i can't imagine having to visit the dealer just for an update like this.

i can only imagine if my 70 year old parents needed to perform the update how many problems they would have.

I am almost 70 but fortunately have been using computers for half that time.

I too had to download "7Zip" in order to open the update file on my "Windows 7" machine. Seems Ford is not getting any better with these computer issues.

The install on my 2014 Sport was anything but straight forward. The install process stalled dead in its tracks twice and I had to restart both times in order to finally complete the update. My only reason to do the update was the Ambient Lighting issue so hopefully it will help.

TV

I don't have NAV but it says it is available for me. Don't really need the grief.

I checked and mine says up to date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is what mine said the last time when I was on 3.5.1 even though there was an update. I had to get my 3.6.2 update sent to me on a USB drive in the mail as did many others.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back