new SYNC Software V3.7 update | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does this update take to load in the vehicle? I was finally able to get the file unzipped after downloading 7-zip again and thought I'd try loading it in tomorrow when I have a 25 minute drive. I figure that's better than having it idling in the driveway.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long does this update take to load in the vehicle? I was finally able to get the file unzipped after downloading 7-zip again and thought I'd try loading it in tomorrow when I have a 25 minute drive. I figure that's better than having it idling in the driveway.

Peter

Ford says it takes 30 minutes but I spent over an hour because the install locked up two times and had to be restarted. I finally got a successful update but it had no effect on the only problem I had, ambient lighting not retaining the settings.

Same here. Just registered with My Ford last night to activate SYNC, said there were 4 software updates I needed for my new 2014 EX Sport. Downloaded the zip file according to directions, went to extract it with the built MS unzip and like you all, invalid file.

I tried a couple different ways to unzip it and one error I got was a deja vou moment. Remember the DOS version of PKZip? "Please insert the last diskette of your spanned disk set". :eek:

Have just read this thread this morning over lots of coffee and will try the 7-zip program now.

And yes, the search button works. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
7-Zip worked. It unpacked the zip file on to my thumb drive. FYI, I had previously reformatted my thumb drive to FAT32 as per the Ford instructions. About to try the update on the Sport. Hope I don't brick it.

EDIT2:
Sitting in my Sport now, update just finished. Took about 35 minutes. Had to re-pare my iPhone 5 and the clock is on Central Time but that was to be expected. The only thing I saw not mentioned in Ford's "steps" was that the xml file to report back wasn't in the root of my thumb drive. It was in the folder "SyncMyRide". Not a biggie to me. Gen2-V3.7 Okay, off the get the front windows tinted like the rear.

I'm not getting that an update is available for me. I've got a 2012 Limited with Navigation

Julie, see my post 20. I'm assuming your account says 3.5.1 is the latest.

Peter

I did not have any issues downloading and unzipping the update, I used WINRAR and using Windows 8. The update took almost 30 minutes, need to pair my cellphone, good thing is that it fixed my Phone book issue that I have earlier. I have to re-setup navigation, add Home, etc...

Hi again, everyone!

I see there are still a few questions, so I'll try to answer them the best I can:

- MAC users can try using IZIP to extract the files.
- We are aware of the issue when trying to use the WinZip. For the time, please try a different program.
- For ambient lighting, please see your dealer. They have to diagnose the issue and correct it.
- If your vehicle is a 2011-2013, you are up to date at 3.6.2; if you have a 2014 or 2015, proceed to downloading 3.7.
- The update will take approximately 30 minutes, and you can do it while driving, but please start it beforehand.
- You'll need to re-pair your phone, and possibly reset your clock.

:)

Rebecca

The actual update for MLT took 19 minutes to load into the vehicle this morning. The following is from the Sync site;

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:
Navigation:
Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Peter

FYI 2014/2015 Owners: We are working on correcting the zip file extraction concern and have temporarily removed 3.7 from support.ford.com. If you wish to have it applied right now, please contact your dealer.

Rebecca

Hi again, everyone!

I see there are still a few questions, so I'll try to answer them the best I can:

- For ambient lighting, please see your dealer. They have to diagnose the issue and correct it.

:)

Rebecca

As widespread as this problem is on just this forum Ford cannot claim ignorance about this. Taking the car to a dealer would just result in being without the car for several days and then being told "Sorry we can't duplicate the concern."
No thanks!

Glad I got in just under the wire.
It wasn't that hard to do.

Julie, see my post 20. I'm assuming your account says 3.5.1 is the latest.

Peter

No, mine says 3.6.2 is the latest. This is a 3.7 update, correct?

No, mine says 3.6.2 is the latest. This is a 3.7 update, correct?
3.6.2 is what I meant to say. Whoops. Yes the latest is 3.7 but Rebecca posted today that it is only for 2014 and 2015 models. With 3.6.2 you are in fact up to date.

Peter

Yeah, I just saw her post, too. Interesting -- I guess the later models are somehow different.

I apologize that you feel I'm claiming ignorance, TerryVanpool; however, this is an issue your dealership has to correct. Please also see the existing thread on this:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387027&highlight=ambient+lighting&page=10

Rebecca

That comment was not pointed at you but the dealerships and who ever at Ford they communicate with as I was told "We haven't had this problem before".
The dealer says they can't fix it because they can't reproduce it, you say take it to the dealer.
If Ford was interested in fixing it they would fix the software and issue an update.
As for me I will just live with it since it is a minor inconvenience.

I also believe this is a software issue. I'm guessing that the change to default probably occurs after the MFT does its 'Performing Maintenance' thing. This can happen, I've read, even if the vehicle is turned off. After I did this V3.7 update, I had to re-pair the phone but also had to reset the ambient lighting to my chosen colour and the rear view camera delay back to ON. I had to make the same adjustments to the lighting and camera delay last week. This isn't something I believe the dealer can fix.

Peter

I also believe this is a software issue. I'm guessing that the change to default probably occurs after the MFT does its 'Performing Maintenance' thing. This can happen, I've read, even if the vehicle is turned off. After I did this V3.7 update, I had to re-pair the phone but also had to reset the ambient lighting to my chosen colour and the rear view camera delay back to ON. I had to make the same adjustments to the lighting and camera delay last week. This isn't something I believe the dealer can fix.

Peter

You may be right about the reset happening after a reboot or whatever it does. The issue with mine is not the color changing back to default as described by so many here. The color on mine does stay with what I selected but I can't turn the dang thing off. I do not like having it on all the time or hardly ever and when I turn it off or turn it down to its lowest setting it will stay for maybe one or two days then it comes back on at the brightest setting.
I have no doubt that Ford knows about these issues or if they don't it says a lot about their ability to program for the hardware they are selling us.

Never tried turning it off. Will have to check that out.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter

100% agree. This is not something the dealer will be able to fix. It is 100% tied to software rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back