Does the Dorman intake fit the 2003's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does the Dorman intake fit the 2003's?

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
According to their website it doesn't, according to their "tech" guy I spoke to on the phone it doesn't, but while researching the swap further on this site it is being advertised as if it will so I'm not sure. A few people with 03-05s mentioned they were going to go this route but I never read anything conclusive about it. The dorman website advertises it as for 2002 explorers only.

On the other side, does a mustang 2v intake fit?

Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes. The mustang intake is rumored to be designed to higher rpm HP. But many state the explorer motor is an aluminum block mustang motor de-tuned to 240 hp.

what are the causes for having to change the intake? im taking mine apart this evening to do plenum gaskets

My reasoning for changing it is because it is leaking more than it would if it was just the gaskets.

Joe, when you say yes are you talking about the dorman or the mustang?

Ttt. Anyone?

^thanks man. I read that thread earlier in my searching but didn't notice the OP had an 04 I only noticed the other people posting that had 02s. Much appreciated :)

Back