Sync service upload multiple destination workaround | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync service upload multiple destination workaround

xyf80

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Just learned that Sync service is not available in Canada, and the simple target for myself is to upload multiple destination into the system without put every address into system manually.

I though this could be easily done via play the phonebook and put the address in the address field then press it to get navigation going. But it turns out a failure. Do you guys have any suggestion for what I am trying to do? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you are trying to transfer contact addresses from your phone to the phone book in MFT I don't believe that can be done. I think that issue was addressed by Rebecca in another thread.

Peter

If you are trying to transfer contact addresses from your phone to the phone book in MFT I don't believe that can be done. I think that issue was addressed by Rebecca in another thread.

Peter
Hi Peter, transfer the address is no issue, it does show up in MFT, the issue is you can not push it into navigation in order to get the turn by turn going. I read some thread that said the address can be recognizable if there is no country entry. I did not put country in it, it still does not work. Just wondering if it is my format is incorrect.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4907596?tstart=0

Hi Peter, transfer the address is no issue, it does show up in MFT, the issue is you can not push it into navigation in order to get the turn by turn going. I read some thread that said the address can be recognizable if there is no country entry. I did not put country in it, it still does not work. Just wondering if it is my format is incorrect.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4907596?tstart=0
You're right. I guess I confused adding the addresses to MFT with trying to enable navigation to recognize them. The ol' grey matter isn't as sharp as it used to be. I guess some files have been corrupted.:D

Peter

Anyone could share the experience with us? It is inconvenient for a road trip to somewhere you planned for over 20 destination. Each time you need enter an address manually is insane.

I know the Sync service would do it, however it is not available in Canada...

Back