3rd gen pic's | Page 260 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hi guys, I took a couple of ideas from your posts. Here is what I have done to my ex
ATTACH]

IMG_20141005_153000-Copy_zpsb7ee929f.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! Which tire/wheel combo?

tsw 18x9.5 and the tires are nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 (33s)

Looks good! Which grille guard is that and what do you think of it? Price and source?

hunter grille guard i was surprised i only payed 260 bucks for it. Whoever decides to get one, make sure your expo has the factory tow hook mounts or you will have to weld it instead of bolting to frame.

I've looked at the grille guard as I am in t he market, but was unsure of the quality. I've only had 1-piece guards on my full-size vehicles in the past.

I've looked at the grille guard as I am in t he market, but was unsure of the quality. I've only had 1-piece guards on my full-size vehicles in the past.

This one is surprisingly sturdy. I'm 6foot3 245 pounds and I was able to get up on top of it climbing it like a latter and could jump around on it and the whole truck would shake with it. Doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anytime soon ;)

Almost done with mine. Just need to install the strut spacers, and I'll call it quits.
C5254105-C3EE-467E-8ADA-CA1475781D4F.jpg

11CAB39C-6CBC-4000-888B-3DB72DBFE5DB.jpg

Same Idea I have for mine as bar as Bar on top of windshield, one in front on a push bar and retofitted headlights. Nice.

Where did you get the top mount? I'm looking to install a curved bar,
what width is that bar?

I mounted my new wheels today, they are 20" oem Flex titanium wheels. I had to use a 1" spacer because the center bore of the wheels is too small for the Explorer. They make my Aviator brakes look small, but they look better then my 17" wheels that had paint peeling off.

Looks *****in'! I like the roof rack delete!

Thanks!

I mounted my new wheels today, they are 20" oem Flex titanium wheels. I had to use a 1" spacer because the center bore of the wheels is too small for the Explorer. They make my Aviator brakes look small, but they look better then my 17" wheels that had paint peeling off.
Don't see many Xs with the roof rack delete. I did it with mine as well. Is there a advantage to the Aviator brake swap? First time I've heard of it.

Don't see many Xs with the roof rack delete. I did it with mine as well. Is there a advantage to the Aviator brake swap? First time I've heard of it.

There is a thread about aviator brake swap in the modified explorer section. The rotors are larger diameter and the front calipers have a bigger pistons. I think the fronts are 13" diameter or so and the rear are around 11.75". 1 inch bigger in front and 3/4 in rear "I think." They require new knuckles at all four corners so it can get expensive, especially if you have to pay someone to do it. Parts are around $800-$1000 to do front and rears.

I removed the roof rack from my old explorer also. The little mounting bolts are still there, but I don't mind.

Installed my wheels and tires today. I'm old-school and still sometimes like smaller wheels with more rubber around them. Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx in 265/75-16 on MB Motoring TKO 16X8.5 wheels:

I agree! Truck looks badass!

Thanks, man, I'm pleased with the results so far.

Suspension. Rancho Quick Lift Struts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having an issue trying to post a pic of my EX...can anyone give some pointers?

Thanks in advance!

Back