Phone won't connect | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Phone won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add a little more, and again, FWIW... If my BT is off, hitting the connect button results in a connection within 30 seconds or less (usually less)... Rarely does it take longer... If yours is taking an inordinately long time as you state, maybe you should have it checked... Using Apple, Samsung and Motorola phones, the connection in mine is usually very quick (99.9% of the time)...

Good luck!
Thomas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well again FWIW Using an Apple iPhone, especially with iOS 8 and/or the iPhone 6 series running iOS 8 is not a valid check of MFT functionality. I have both a 5s and a 6 Plus running iOS 8.0.2 and both have every issue that has been mentioned in threads on this site. And the issues are the same on BT headsets etc. I have done the iCloud delete fix which allowed thing in both MFT and BT headsets to work for a a few days then failed again. Interesting fact is it failed as soon as I had to turn on iCloud in order to get some pictures off my phone for a job I had just completed. I passed this in to a couple of people I know from apple and was told as has been posted on other sites Apple is aware of and working on the issue. It has impacted not just MFT but many foreign and domestic car manufacturers. Additionally, it impacted other devices. I have a Jawbone UP24 which talks to my iPhone and until the 8.0.2 update it would not sync. So IMHO Rebecca's comment/suggestion to try deleting the event trigger for BT is just good trouble shooting information. I did not see if the user having the issue is on iOS or Android but if iOS I would be looking at Apple before MFT.

One additional note Current rumor is iOS 8.1 will be released this month possibly on the 20th. It is already in Beta 2 with many developers which I would suspect include Ford, BMW etc.

Again this is FWIW only no criticism of anyone or their opinions.

IG, I agree with you, it's the reason I returned my IPhone 6. When I spoke of Apple, it was a 5s running IOS 7.

Thanks.

iPhone 6 connect

Upgraded my iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Deleted the old iPhone from MFT and added the iPhone 6, connects every time I get into the vehicle

My iPhone6 connects to MFT (v3.7) no problem and text messaging works fine, just when you dial a call it drops or wont give call audio through MFT even though the GUI on the iPhone6 shows the SYNC option is checked for speaker.

My iPhone6 connects to MFT (v3.7) no problem and text messaging works fine, just when you dial a call it drops or wont give call audio through MFT even though the GUI on the iPhone6 shows the SYNC option is checked for speaker.

Yes, it is a control issue. Another example is trying to use Sync Services to download a route. It will access the phone, and dial SS but then report connection lost even though the call is physically active.

I do have an iPhone 5s with iOS 7 and everything works fine. I have clients that are Apple engineers and they confirm "Unofficially" it is an iOS issue and seems more prevalent in the iPhone 6 series possibly due to the A8 chip. I'm no engineer so can't say.

Things that are topics of conversation is that iOS 8.1 seems to be seeing confirmation of an Oct 20th release date mostly because of Apple Pay. But several rumors came out yesterday and today about an 8.0.3 update before that which would supposedly fix the bluetooth issues.

So IMHO some relief appears to be near.

Those were the exact issues I experienced...

Maybe I shouldn't take the screen so literally...

It states "Looking for your phone..." - this tells me that the system is actively seeking a CONFIGURED phone, not just any phone. There is exactly one phone configured in my vehicle (a new Samsung) and it will NEVER connect by hitting the talk button when it isn't actively connected.

Happy Hump Day All.

So here is some information for peeps still fighting the MFT/Apple iOS8 wars.

With some testing I have been able to repeat breaking and repairing the MFT connection with both iPhone 5s and 6 Plus. All the reported issues seem to arise when the phone is logged into iCloud. Which naturally is needed if one wants to sync pictures etc.

If you follow the apple directions to logout of iCloud, go to the iCloud.com site and remove your device and then delete Sync from your phone BT and your phone from MFT and finally, reset MFT the claws of Apple will be broken. Again as mentioned in earlier post rename your phone before adding it to MFT.

My son and I successfully broke and repaired both phones 4 times yesterday just to confirm it is the actual cause.

As of this morning it is looking like we may see iOS 8.1 in the next couple of days.
Apple is announcing the new iPads tomorrow which is supposed to include Apple Pay. Groups testing BETA's 1 & 2 have reported fixes are present for the BT issues.

Walgreens stated in a memo to all its stores that Apple Pay will rollout on October 18th and be live in their stores. All this requires iOS 8.1

If this does not happen on time the egg already on Apples face will be severely scrambled.

So hang in there my fellow Exploders. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The question still remains if it is a runaway train or not.

Happy Hump Day All.

So here is some information for peeps still fighting the MFT/Apple iOS8 wars.

With some testing I have been able to repeat breaking and repairing the MFT connection with both iPhone 5s and 6 Plus. All the reported issues seem to arise when the phone is logged into iCloud. Which naturally is needed if one wants to sync pictures etc.

If you follow the apple directions to logout of iCloud, go to the iCloud.com site and remove your device and then delete Sync from your phone BT and your phone from MFT and finally, reset MFT the claws of Apple will be broken. Again as mentioned in earlier post rename your phone before adding it to MFT.

My son and I successfully broke and repaired both phones 4 times yesterday just to confirm it is the actual cause.

As of this morning it is looking like we may see iOS 8.1 in the next couple of days.
Apple is announcing the new iPads tomorrow which is supposed to include Apple Pay. Groups testing BETA's 1 & 2 have reported fixes are present for the BT issues.

Walgreens stated in a memo to all its stores that Apple Pay will rollout on October 18th and be live in their stores. All this requires iOS 8.1

If this does not happen on time the egg already on Apples face will be severely scrambled.

So hang in there my fellow Exploders. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The question still remains if it is a runaway train or not.

What does this have to do with the thread? My issue is a) not related to Apple products and b) is not phone specific. Additionally, I'm unconcerned as to whether or not Walgreen's is rolling out Apple Pay.

What does this have to do with the thread? My issue is a) not related to Apple products and b) is not phone specific. Additionally, I'm unconcerned as to whether or not Walgreen's is rolling out Apple Pay.

Your thread has been partially hijacked.......it happens. Get over it.

It states "Looking for your phone..." - this tells me that the system is actively seeking a CONFIGURED phone, not just any phone. There is exactly one phone configured in my vehicle (a new Samsung) and it will NEVER connect by hitting the talk button when it isn't actively connected.

You were given the reason for your problems with MFT, but you somehow just can't accept the fact that it will only work as it was designed to work and not the way YOU want it to work. Get over this also.

Rant over.
How about closing this thread Peter? I think it has maybe run it's course?

Your thread has been partially hijacked.......it happens. Get over it.

You were given the reason for your problems with MFT, but you somehow just can't accept the fact that it will only work as it was designed to work and not the way YOU want it to work. Get over this also.

Rant over.
How about closing this thread Peter? I think it has maybe run it's course?

No wonder there isn't much posting activity here.

Peter - please purge my account. I won't waste my time coming back with attitudes like this running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back