Lights mods! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lights mods!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good, can you give more info on the bumper lights. easy to install? connected to brake lights?

I just used the dremel to carve and opening on the wider end to insert the led strips, reseal them with silicone and connected to the trailer plug, no need to mess with the tail lights. I am using them as running lights but can also be wired as stop/turn signal.

I just used the dremel to carve and opening on the wider end to insert the led strips, reseal them with silicone and connected to the trailer plug, no need to mess with the tail lights. I am using them as running lights but can also be wired as stop/turn signal.

Hi, looks good! can you take a more closed up shot and with the light off so I could see how the led strip looks when switched off? and, did you have to remove the reflector off the bumper to install or did you dremel it while the reflectors are on the bumper? Thanks

I can take a picture for you but you really can't see the led strip when they are off, and I did remove them to dremel the opening on the backside, they pop out really easy if you look behind the bumper you will see one tab on each end.

I really like those. is there a gap between the lens and the back plate? What led's did you use?

Back