Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Not. LA but you will just wind up close to a landmark..

Sometimes we get lucky and the landmark moves back to its original spot...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I may have a financial investor interested in this event so therefore... Very good chance I will make it. AKA, splitting fuel/gas cost... Haven't really looked at details or followed super close. When is first person planning on arrival and when is last person planning on departing? I know I can come or leave whenever but curious what the masses are doing and/or who's getting there when and staying till when?

Okay okay, you got me, it's cause of the magazine potential!!! LOL

(I guess now I need to address whatever is clunking on my pass front end. Loose bolt, wheel bearings, ball joint, something...)

..Friday for sure is a good time that first group starts showing up about noon usually..

..I think it was mentioned some were coming out Thirsday but they will need to confirm..

..A few members here talked to the photographer at the EXPO last weekend and he is busy but will be coming down from Reno and looking forward to covering this run..:D

..There may also be a surprise guest or two who have yet to confirm but are trying to work the logistics out..;)

Wish I could make it. I won't be in town and the ranger isn't together right now. We will be in San Diego for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Might be able to do a trip then though. I need to get to an explorer run one of these days.

I think I'm going to pay to board my dog rather then bring him. He loves it out there but I don't want him to be an annoyance for others. That or I guess I could just camp kind of off a bit more around the corner or something... Not sure...

I've got a shock collar you could borrow. That will cure him quick ;)

We used it to train Clyde not to walk through the open gate in the yard, as that's how we lost a dog. It took two zaps and that was it.

I'll be headed down Wednesday Night/Thursday day, and back to SF on Sunday AM.

Bringing the zuk, the heep isn't ready to be towed yet.

I can bring a 1080p projector that is kinda broken (it does not like heat), a Kodi/Openelec player, use the camper's out sound system and the ripped movie collection.. Just need a screen.

I've got a shock collar you could borrow. That will cure him quick ;)

We used it to train Clyde not to walk through the open gate in the yard, as that's how we lost a dog. It took two zaps and that was it.

I have one too, he just kinda looks around like wtf and keeps doing what he's doing. You can tell when it hits him. He just doesn't care.

Not sure, I really want to take him, that's another $100 to board him for 3 days. I may just camp a bit further off by ourselves and join in the run portions and kinda come and go from our camp to the main one.

As of right now, we'd likely show up LATE friday night and leave Monday morning.

Are we doing a potluck?

Pot Luck sounds good. Do we need a separate thread or should we just bring our usual's?

Pot Luck sounds good. Do we need a separate thread or should we just bring our usual's?
I only brought it up because Arus asked about Krugal:D

..Char can moderate the potluck mishaps in this thread..:D

..And I will help set up the big screen if Zukman brings it, or we can shoot on the side of one of the Cabin Cruisers like the old days..:dunno:

..Char can moderate the potluck mishaps in this thread..:D

..And I will help set up the big screen if Zukman brings it, or we can shoot on the side of one of the Cabin Cruisers like the old days..:dunno:

Not sure if Zukman will be able to bring the screen. They have a smaller blowup one that may be easier to manage, as long as the big "W" (please nobody say the word) does not show up.

Hmm...8.5 hours each way. Still thinking about it. The magazine appearance is very tempting since it's always been a dream to have my truck make it into one.

So... potluck? If so, which night?

If everyone is planning on showing up Saturday and I get there Thursday night, that will kind of limit my choices of what to bring since it has to keep for 2 days...I really need to invest in a 12v Freezer.

Also, any objection to me posting a link this over on Dezert Rangers to maybe get a couple more people to show up?

Hmm...8.5 hours each way. Still thinking about it. The magazine appearance is very tempting since it's always been a dream to have my truck make it into one.

If you make an 8.5 hour drive to come out, I'll have a cold beer of your choice waiting for ya! :chug:

So... potluck? If so, which night?

If everyone is planning on showing up Saturday and I get there Thursday night, that will kind of limit my choices of what to bring since it has to keep for 2 days...I really need to invest in a 12v Freezer.

Also, any objection to me posting a link this over on Dezert Rangers to maybe get a couple more people to show up?

Potluck is on Saturday night.

Inviting the other Ranger guys is fine. Just remind them that this is a family friendly event.

Not sure if Zukman will be able to bring the screen. They have a smaller blowup one that may be easier to manage, as long as the big "W" (please nobody say the word) does not show up.

winnebago??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weather looks to be lower 90's in the day and about 70 at night:thumbsup:

Back