New iphone update iOS 8.0 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New iphone update iOS 8.0

iPhone6 users should check their versions of iOS.
8.0.1 update is casuing issues, is your device set to auto update,
and is it now at 8.0.1?

New sales of devices following release of the update - units newly shipped to outlets may be selling already updated to 8.0.1, if anyone is in line to buy one, - check your version and please post here.

Apple pulled the 8.0.1 update so new phones won't have it. Apple will be releasing 8.0.2 either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..nice brick you have there...

http://news.yahoo.com/complaints-bendy-iphone-software-bugs-dog-apple-192304279.html

Washington (AFP) - Apple released and then abruptly pulled back an update for the iOS software powering the iPhone on Wednesday after users complained of bugs, including one that disabled cellular service.

The apparently botched update came after a rash of complaints posted on social media about the reportedly fragile body on some of the large-screen iPhones which went on sale last week.

Apple released a tweak to its iOS 8 operating system, called iOS 8.0.1, but then pulled the software after complaints that the update disabled cellular service and Apple's touch-identification system.

Apple did not respond to an AFP query. But in a statement to the news website TechCrunch, Apple said: "We have received reports of an issue with the iOS 8.0.1 update. We are actively investigating these reports and will provide information as quickly as we can. In the meantime we have pulled back the iOS 8.0.1 update."

The news caused further embarrassment to Apple after some users posted comments about bends in the bodies of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus when carried in trouser pockets.

On the MacRumors forum of Apple users, one iPhone buyer noted that, after carrying the handset in a front pocket for 18 hours, "I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted."

The user posted a picture of the bent iPhone, and dozens posted similar complaints on Twitter.

Apple said Monday it sold more than 10 million of the new smartphones in the first three days since launching in a handful of countries, setting a new record for opening weekend sales.

The new iPhones were launched Friday in the United States, Britain, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico and Singapore.

They will be available in more than 20 additional countries on September 26, and 115 countries by the end of the year.

Samsung meanwhile said Wednesday it was launching its oversized Galaxy Note smartphone earlier than expected, getting into the key Chinese market ahead of Apple.

The bending of the iPhone 6 Plus is just an overblown story. Apple said they have only received 9 complaints about phones bending.

Upgrade to iPhone 6 with IOS 8.0.2

Just upgraded my iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6 with IOS 8.0.2, deleted old phone from the MFT and added the new phone. All working fine, pairs without a problem.

TB;);)

iOS 8.0.2 was released this afternoon. Based upon information I got from one of my Apple corporate clients, this release should fix a multitude of sins including bluetooth connectivity to devices such as wireless headsets and devices such as MFT. As stated in a earlier post 8.0.1 was pulled shortly after it was released. If you are picking up a new phone from Apple or a carrier check the iOS version before leaving the store. If (and chances are slim) it shows 8.0.1 have the store upgrade before you leave.

If you connect to your computer and check for upgrades through iTunes it should show up. If you just check from your phone it may not show for a while.

I downloaded it tonight and will test it in the morning.

There is another thread on pretty much the same subject. So I'll keep it brief here - but I deleted my old iPhone, paired my new ATT 6 (with a new phone name) and have had no issues whatsoever.

I'm running iOS 8.0, I have no need to update the iOS.

It voice dials from MFT and answers. I have had no problems maintaining calls.

Don't know what is causing other people's issues. My guess is it might be having a phone with the same name as an older paired phone.

My suggestion would be to delete all paired phones, do a master reset in MFT, then disconnect the negative battery cable, wait 30 seconds, and reconnect to ensure a fresh reboot. Delete any paired connections in the iPhone. Then pair the new phone and see what happens.

If you still have problems, then Ford needs to delve into this further at a tech level.

Don't know what is causing other people's issues. My guess is it might be having a phone with the same name as an older paired phone.

This was my problem. When I put my profile on my new phone it kept the same name and this confuses my ford touch. Not that it's hard to confuse MFT.

From OASIS:

Oct 01 2014 5462-Various SYNC Equipped Vehicles – Apple iOS 8 and or iPhone 6 Functional Issues

Some customers with SYNC equipped vehicles may experience Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to Apple iOS 8 or using an iPhone 6 with SYNC. This is not a SYNC hardware or software concern. Apple is aware of these concerns and isworking on a fix for multiple Vehicle Manufacturers. In the interim, direct thecustomer to the following Apple support URL: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473

So I had zero problems UNTIL the iOS 8.02 update.

Now, after I hang up a call, or use Siri, without using the handsfree, Sync will think it needs to dial a call.

Geesh.

As mentioned in an earlier post there is a similar thread on the issue. Again keeping short this is an Apple issue having to do with iOS8 and more prevalent with the iPhone 6 series. 8.0.2 did not fix the issue. It looks like 8.1 which is reported to be the solution is being confirmed by several sources (But not Apple) to be released Oct 20th. In the past couple of days numerous sources are also reporting there may be an 8.0.3 release before the 20th.

This issue impacts much more than MFT. Numerous auto manufacturers are having the same issues as well as BT headset manufacturers.

Peter, any chance the two threads on this issue could be merged?

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6, new phone paired Ok, I can make phone calls with no problem so far.

I do have a problem with text notifications, they do not show up at all. Allow notifications & show previews are turned on in my phone.

Brian

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6, new phone paired Ok, I can make phone calls with no problem so far.

I do have a problem with text notifications, they do not show up at all. Allow notifications & show previews are turned on in my phone.

Brian

Consider yourself lucky and do not be disappointed if it suddenly rolls over and plays dead. I did notice that iCloud has something to do with it. Mine worked fine until I turned on iCloud to get some pictures off my phone I needed for work and then it died BT wise. Reports seem to be all over the board on multiple sites and many groups much more knowledgable than most of us here. The known issue is it is an Apple issue with iOS8 and seems to impact iPhone 6 series phones more. IMHO that may be due to the fact that the iPhone 6 has the new A8 chip.

I did notice that iCloud has something to do with it. Mine worked fine until I turned on iCloud to get some pictures off my phone I needed for work and then it died BT wise.

I do not use iCloud, maybe thats why the phone works OK

Brian

The fix may come very soon. I say this for 2 reasons.

First, Apple is making their announcement of the new iPads tomorrow. I received a call from my Apple Business manager this morning about the announcements. Apple Pay is part of the hype if you will and is going to require iOS 8.1.

Second is the release of a Walgreens corporate document the opening sentence reads.

"In preparation for the launch of Apple Pay on October 18th, we would like to ........."

For Apple pay to go live on the iPhone 6 devices and new iPads iOS 8.1 is required. The rumors over the weekend about a 8.0.3 seem to have died down.

One additional note. Anyone that has purchased a new GoPro Hero 4 recently. The iPhone app does not work with iOS8. I spoke ot GoPro this morning and they are awaiting the new iOS release and will be releasing an updated app as well.

"And the hits just keep on coming ............"

For those who care. Apple will release iOS 8.1 Monday October 20th. The Bluetooth issues should be fixed with this release. (Fingers Crossed).

People running the iOS 8.1 beta reported the bluetooth issues fixed. Should be released around 10am pacific today.

Back