• Register Today It's free!

Lock Pick Device

Explorer Pete

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
Not a lot of info on the Lock pick device placement. Watched the video and it is way simple to install. Now as for the advanced interface unit, after hooking everything up, the video says to make sure that everything is out of the way when you put the faceplate and other items back. So as to not jam or pinch any wires . I follow that, My question is , Do you hide the advanced interface behind everything, or do you place it so as to be able to use the USB port for updates. This would mean either hooking up a USB cable before hand and hanging it out somewhere or having to open everything up just to do upgrades. Any ideas or thoughts on this? It is not hard to open up, just a pain in the butt to do it time and again. Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't be explorer specific but I have a Taurus with it....not sure I like it to begin with...but I was able to take stuff apart and run the cable down the passenger side to come out where the console meets the carpet. There was a perfect gap there to hide the control unit under the carpet. Very quick access. If you do hide it internally running the usb cable is a very good idea.

Just so you are aware they don't notify you of updates and frankly their customer service isn't that good. No email support at all.

I understand the lack of support and all, that is why I went online asking for ideas and info. You think paying 349.00 for the system, you could at least talk to someone for some answers. Pete

BTW if you activate the feature that allows you to use non moving features while moving it actually disables the GPS input therefore if you are running an active NAV route it will "pause" it.

jmr061: I am mounting a front camera, to help my wife parking, I wonder if I will need to activate the lock-pick every time we start the EX, or will it run in the back ground?

the instructions should tell you....I don't use the extra video inputs.

over the years I have seen these used by a bunch of folks there always seemed to be lots of problems with these devices ..however they are useful when they work properly

Back