• Register Today It's free!

Door alignment issue

15MagGreyXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Murrells Inlet S.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
I know I have read of several owners having the issue of the bottom of the passenger door sticking out about a 1/4" farther than it should. Has anyone had this repaired or is there anyway to adjust it. I contacted my dealer that is 150 miles away and they acknowledged that some that were still on the lot had the same issue and they would look into it. I am impatient so if there is a fix anyone has had done please let me know so I can tell them. I searched and found where others had the problem but couldn't find where anyone had it fixed. Overall very happy with my 2015. Getting quotes this week on painting all the lower black panels grey to match rest of vehicle.

Thanks, Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why are you so impatient?

Cause I have a month old $43,000 truck that the door does not align properly and I would like to get fixed ASAP cause every time I look at the truck it just taunts me. It's been almost 3 weeks and they cannot tell me anything

Please post a picture because I'm not sure if we realize what exactly you are referencing on the door.

I had a misalignment of my passenger door as well. You could see the plastic piece on the bottom sticking out ever so slightly. I had to put in a new windshield in my EX and asked the body shop if they wouldn't mind aligning the door while it was in. They did no questions asked. Lines up perfectly now. So to answer your question yes you can adjust the doors. Any body shop SHOULD be able to do this for you if Ford can't. Its about a 3 minute job.

I know I have read of several owners having the issue of the bottom of the passenger door sticking out about a 1/4" farther than it should...

Hi Kevin,

I'll get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager so they can help. To make that happen, send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

I contacted my dealer that is 150 miles away

If you are where your profile says you are, you have a Ford dealer 14 miles away in Myrtle Beach. A simple door adjustment doesn't require a 150 mile drive. Am I missing something? This isn't major service.

I have contacted the original dealer and the one 14 miles away and neither seems to know what to do about it. That's why I came on here to ask if anyone has had it repaired so I could let them know and possibly speed up the process. Orangesoda123 has given some good advice and Crystal is helping me out. If they fix it and tell me how then I in turn will come back and post so that anyone else with the issue can know. I am sorry if some of you all don't like the question I posted or feel like I didn't go about it right but I did my searching, contacted local dealer and selling dealer and could not find an answer other than " live with it" or " you should have noticed before you took delivery" so I came here for help. I read threads daily in the month I have had my explorer and if I could help someone or provide some thoughtful insight then I would.

Thanks Kevin

I have contacted the original dealer and the one 14 miles away and neither seems to know what to do about it. That's why I came on here to ask if anyone has had it repaired so I could let them know and possibly speed up the process. Orangesoda123 has given some good advice and Crystal is helping me out. If they fix it and tell me how then I in turn will come back and post so that anyone else with the issue can know. I am sorry if some of you all don't like the question I posted or feel like I didn't go about it right but I did my searching, contacted local dealer and selling dealer and could not find an answer other than " live with it" or " you should have noticed before you took delivery" so I came here for help. I read threads daily in the month I have had my explorer and if I could help someone or provide some thoughtful insight then I would.

Thanks Kevin

I'll take a look at my door tomorrow and see if I can see how they did it. I was bs'ing with the service manager when the did it so I don't know for sure but maybe i'll see something. Are there any body shops in your area? I'd swing by one and see what they say. They are typically more knowledgeable about these things then a Ford dealer unless the Ford dealer has a body shop. The body shop may even do this for free since its a really quick thing. If not, ask your local dealer if they will float the bill for you.

Same exact issue on my '15... I'll be taking it to the dealership tomorrow. The fit and finish is kind of lacking on this product.

Same exact issue on my '15... I'll be taking it to the dealership tomorrow. The fit and finish is kind of lacking on this product.

I want to get this escalated up to your regional customer service manager, 3587. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership so I can get this into their hands. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Crystal will help you, I have an appointment at 10:00am tomorrow at the nearest dealership with a body shop and they said they will fix it one way or another!

thanks Kevin

I want to get this escalated up to your regional customer service manager, 3587. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership so I can get this into their hands. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Will do. Thanks!

Yes , there is a fix. My dealer had to adjust the door to make it fit properly .......just like a body shop would if hanging a new door. Hard to believe they come out of the factory like that, but everyone on my dealers lot was the same. Looks like it should now. Poor quality control on Ford's part

Through Crystal here on the forum, I had setup an appointment with the local dealership on this issue. I brought it in Friday morning and both passenger side doors were realigned. All is well now.

Love the Explorer!

Through Crystal here on the forum, I had setup an appointment with the local dealership on this issue. I brought it in Friday morning and both passenger side doors were realigned. All is well now.

Love the Explorer!

Awesome, 3587; I'm glad everything is looking great and you can go back to loving your Explorer. I'm here if you need my help in the future! :thumbsup:

Crystal

2014 Explorer Door Alignment issues

I just bought a 2014 Explorer 6 months ago, during the summer no issues. Now that the weather has gotten colder the passenger side door becomes Unaligned. The front side of the door dips in and the back side of the door pushes out. It looks like the door is open but its not. Now the crazy part, when the weather gets warmer the door realigns itself. I have pictures and video of before and after. Has anyone even seen or heard of this?

Welcome to the Forum reymar.:wavey:
There have been posts about the door alignment but none quite like the way you describe your problem. Most do not fluctuate between aligned and non-aligned. The dealer in most cases adjusted the doors to correct the issue. Time to visit your dealership.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did that already and they made an adjustment. Went back two days later to let them know the problem was still there and they said there's nothing more they can do.

Back