New Tint, LED conversion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Tint, LED conversion

Where did you get the LED for rear cargo side light?.....I want to increase output on that one.

I have done a full led conversion on mine as well. The side cargo light can be found at autozone, or whatever your local auto parts store may be. Sylvania makes an led that fits in there perfectly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have done a full led conversion on mine as well. The side cargo light can be found at autozone, or whatever your local auto parts store may be. Sylvania makes an led that fits in there perfectly.

Thanks I will check that out.

Does somebody offer a full led light kit for Explorers?

Does somebody offer a full led light kit for Explorers?
Yes, Dan at DriveBright. He's in your area (Overland Park,Ks.) Went to his house and we changed every bulb except my Hids on my Ex.

He has every bulb for interior and exterior to do the swap.

PM me if you have any other questions. He's a good guy and knows his bulbs

My DDM 6000K kits showed up, 55w up top and 35w for the fogs. This is my 5th+ kit from DDM between my cars and motorcycles and these guys never let me down. Puddle lights will be going in today

IMAG0515_zpsa2d2905d.jpg

IMAG0518_zps6276b451.jpg

IMAG0519_zps14f3e110.jpg

IMAG0521_zpsc0562735.jpg

IMAG0522_zpsf1017cc2.jpg

In WV, the side driver and passenger glass must let in 35% light to be considered legal. The back windows must allow in 35% of the light. On Windshield the top 5" can have a non-reflective tint.

It appears your car would not meet these requirements, and I would hate to have a WV State Trooper pull me over and not be able to see what I'm doing in the car.

You do realize that stock is 20% or 22% tint on the back windows of the Explorer.

WV law is 35% on the driver and passenger window, no tint below AS1 line on windshield, and whatever you want on the back.

Ohio law is 50% on the driver and passenger window, no tint below the AS1 line on windshield, and whatever you want on the back.

Whenever I've had a WV inspection done the only window they check is the drivers side even when it's abundantly obvious the rear windows are darker.

OP- Ex looks great man.

I ordered the same turn signal and taillight overlays yesterday. Are you happy with the dark smoke? I ordered dark but was thinking about calling and changing it to light smoke out of fear of no light shining through. I only ordered the cover for the amber lens on front and the ones with the cutout for the white lenses on the rear

Kevin

You do realize that stock is 20% or 22% tint on the back windows of the Explorer.

WV law is 35% on the driver and passenger window, no tint below AS1 line on windshield, and whatever you want on the back.

Ohio law is 50% on the driver and passenger window, no tint below the AS1 line on windshield, and whatever you want on the back.

Whenever I've had a WV inspection done the only window they check is the drivers side even when it's abundantly obvious the rear windows are darker.

OP- Ex looks great man.

Cliffs Notes:
(this is the MODIFIED Explorer Sport forum, no?)

Just because it is the 'Modified' forum, it doesn't exist to encourage unlawful activity as per Forum rules.

Peter

Headlight and fog light conversion

Secondlook,
Your lights look extremely bright. Have you gotten in complaints from on coming traffic, ie. "flashing at you". I would like to do the same mod however I hate when I see someone with after market headlights and fog lights that are so bright that it blinds other drivers. Just wondering what your thoughts are because I know that pics don't always show what the naked eye sees.

Cliffs Notes:
(this is the MODIFIED Explorer Sport forum, no?)

My post had nothing to do with what's "modified"...it has to do with someone misquoting WV inspection law. If WV law was truly 35% all the way around then every SUV and minivan produced in the last 5-10 years would be illegal b/c the rear is between 20 and 22 percent from the factory.

Back