What good is the SYNC Vehicle Health Report? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What good is the SYNC Vehicle Health Report?

SpiderMD

Reaction score
City, State
West Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
After running the SYNC Vehicle Health Report, I received a message that I had service required. (see photos) I took my 2013 Explorer in at 7am, showed the print-out to the service writer and was told it meant nothing! “You got lights on the dash? If not, it means nothing.” So has anyone dealt with this? It’s kind of frustrating!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

While I’m venting… approximately a year ago I had the leaking fuel tank recall. It was taken care of quickly and I was a happy camper! It was after I got the Explorer back I became aware of a noise that sounded like it was coming from the transmission. It only happened under hard acceleration and then usually when turning (like merging onto a busy street). When I finally found time to be without my Explorer for a while, I took it in and explained what was going on. Big surprise, they couldn’t reproduce it! I was so frustrated I gave the dealership a poor review when I received the service survey. My service writer called me and let me know he was not happy about it! Well to make a long story a little shorter… I got up under the vehicle and found two bolts that hold a support for the driveshaft that were about an inch from being completely tight. I believe under hard acceleration the torque on the shaft made it shudder up and down, thus causing all the noise. (see pictures and movie)
I showed my evidence of what was going on to the service writer today and told him I want the bolts looked at because I’m not sending my family out on the highway in this thing only to have the weakened bolts shear off and drop the driveshaft to the ground!

I would ask the manager why they wont look at the car since it mentions restraint system.

I would ask the manager why they wont look at the car since it mentions restraint system.

Exactly. You would think any issue with the restraint system would warrant an immediate inspection. Maybe someone else needs to get involved here. You could also try calling/emailing Ford and let them know of your situation and see what they do.

I had an airbag light/restraint system error. Ended up being the cable under the driver seat. I pushed it in and drove my car a bit then the light turned off. Never turned back on. It's like an error reader that reads only the generic codes and doesn't get to specifics.

Mabbott is correct and that is the fix. I have a OBD2 reader and an app called torque for more complete information. I bet crystal will be here shortly.

...I showed my evidence of what was going on to the service writer today and told him I want the bolts looked at because I’m not sending my family out on the highway in this thing only to have the weakened bolts shear off and drop the driveshaft to the ground!

Any news from the dealership, SpiderMD? Keep us posted; I'm here to assist if needed. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Yesterday was the first time I used the SYNC system & it worked great for me. We are currently in Florida & while attending my final day of the conference my wife and kids went to Universal Studios. While they played I took our 2015 Explorer from the conference hotel to the Disney Polynesian resort. Once checked into the resort I decided to program the address for universal studios into the GPS like I did for the resort. However, the GPS didn't recognize the address. I then used the SYNC system and within seconds the address for Universal Studios was downloaded into my GPS. Still happy with our 2015 Ford Explorer Sport.

Back