Suspension Upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Upgrade

Terrible-tenth

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
Hey Guys!
I have a 99 4.0 SOHC 2WD that im looking to upgrade the front suspension on. Its near stock, just has a simple lift with fox shocks on it but looking for a kit to basically replace a lot of the stock components that seems to be slowly but surely going out on me.
What kits are out there that could be for a bit of off roading but not too overboard to have on a daily driver? Ive been trying to look around with little to no success.

Thanks in advance! :exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Check out the stickys when you click the link, there is everything from Torsion twist, and shackles, to SAS, Solid axel swaps, and SOA Suspension over axle... You got a lot of reading to do, lol. hopefully you will find something you like.

Oops! Sorry about that! But thank you! I get to reading haha

No big deal, there is a ton of useful info on this site, I use it all the time to fix/upgrade my Explorer, this is seriously one of, if not the best Vehicle specific forums I have ever visited. Have fun, and be sure to post pictures of your progress!!!

98 to i believe 01 or 02 rangers are the same. You could google some parts or even search like autozone and compare part numbers to find the end year.

front suspension only

98 to i believe 01 or 02 rangers are the same. You could google some parts or even search like autozone and compare part numbers to find the end year.

That's great info to know! That really broadens what I'm actually able to look for or even purchase. Thank you so much!

Back