Remote Access/Remote Messaging Unit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Access/Remote Messaging Unit

Griff76

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
#1 ) Is anyone having problems with Remote Access. It worked yesterday and now when I use it I get server errors.

#2 ) Does anyone know what the LED means on the RMU? It's solid now, but at one point mine was blinking 3 times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just tried mine and its fine. If you have access to the module unplug it and plug it back in. I know you shouldn't have to do that but mine has acted goofy sometimes and doing that or disconnecting the battery has resolved it.

Just tried mine and its fine. If you have access to the module unplug it and plug it back in. I know you shouldn't have to do that but mine has acted goofy sometimes and doing that or disconnecting the battery has resolved it.

That was the first thing I did. Which lead to the questions about the LED

I know the LED goes out when the vehicle goes into sleep mode other than that can't tell you anymore. Its possible its not getting the cell signal. Mine never used to work in my garage and I would get server errors etc but they must have added a tower or boosted the signal in my area as it works in the garage all the time now.

It's parked in the same spot it has always worked. And I've tried at other locations throughout the day. I'm going to call that fordkey number tomorrow and see what they say. But if nothing in glad it's under warranty.

My guess would be its cell service related and but you never know.

I know someone who had similar issues and it resolved itself the next day. He was pulling his hair out as well.

#1 ) Is anyone having problems with Remote Access. It worked yesterday and now when I use it I get server errors.

#2 ) Does anyone know what the LED means on the RMU? It's solid now, but at one point mine was blinking 3 times.

http://machenry.com/documents/Bi-directionalRMSTQuickReferenceGuide.pdfhttp://machenry.com/documents/Bi-directionalRMSTQuickReferenceGuide.pdf

I dont know if this unit operates the same, but the middle of this guide
(Ford Original Equipment Remote Start System Bi-Directional RMST User Guide) has a short chart for LED definitions-3 blinks is restarting or in service mode.

Just curious....did you try it today?

Yep! I keep trying :) still not working

I am having the same problem, it was working a few days back and tried it yesterday and today and the app is showing Error, The command could not be completed at this time. Please try again later. (00011000).

I did try disconnecting and reconnecting, but the problem remains. Has anyone called support?

I tried triggering the alarm and it did send the text message and the email, which could mean that there is a wireless signal in the area and the RMU module is working fine. I tried support and they are close on week ends, I will try calling them on Monday.

Support isn't open for normal people until Monday. But mine appears to be magically working again. I think the problem may be on fords end. But I'm in a total new area from where I tried before. Hopefully it will work when I get back home too.

That's the same error I was getting

Well it works at home now too. So I'm convicted there was something going on at the middle man level

It's still not working for me. I tried it on 3 different places. Hopefully it's a problem with Ford and not the device/parts.

Still not working for me, I tried calling them yesterday and as expected did not get any help at all. I contacted Benny of Levittown ford and he contacted my ford key and provided the vin and location of the vehicle.

This seems to be happening to more people now, in the F150 forum, the problem seems to be with Spindance. Anyone else having this problem?

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/ford-remote-access-app-smart-phones-201915/index78/

Have thise with the issues tried using the web app from a real computer?

Have thise with the issues tried using the web app from a real computer?

Yes, it has been tried and the same problem.

Okay that rules out the cell phone app on the user end...mine has worked flawlessly this entire time.

Look what I found in my junk email folder that came an hour ago:

Dear Remote Access Customer,

We are experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with our cellular network service provider, which may be affecting your ability to communicate remotely with your vehicle via your Ford Remote Access App. We are working with a team from the cellular service provider to trouble shoot the issue and drive a resolution.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and assure you that we are doing everything we can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We will communicate more once we know the cause and have a resolution identified.

If you have any question, please contact our help line 1-800-FORDKEY.

Sincerely,
Remote Access Support

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look what I found in my junk email folder that came an hour ago:

Dear Remote Access Customer,

We are experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with our cellular network service provider, which may be affecting your ability to communicate remotely with your vehicle via your Ford Remote Access App. We are working with a team from the cellular service provider to trouble shoot the issue and drive a resolution.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and assure you that we are doing everything we can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We will communicate more once we know the cause and have a resolution identified.

If you have any question, please contact our help line 1-800-FORDKEY.

Sincerely,
Remote Access Support

I found that email in my junk folder tonight. And I was just curious why it stopped working for me again...that explains it! :)

Back