Shift Speed Tap up Tap Down | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shift Speed Tap up Tap Down

Guys,

Doing some further calibration changes on our Explorer Sport recently, we have also created some further revised tunes that can eliminate the auto down shift as well.

When in stop and go traffic we have noticed they shift from 3rd gear directly to 1st which we disliked. Just another tweak we have done to our tunes that we are glad to offer to our customers free of charge.

This is another example of what makes our true custom tuning superior to the competition and sets us apart from the rest.

Very nice to see you guys continuing to work on the platform.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anthony deserves a raise...

Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone had the same problem we have with our explorer. Not really a problem but a feature request! I like the tap up tap down feature on the explorer except I sometimes hit the tap down button while turning. This feature is active even when the shifter is in the "D" (drive position). So when driving or turning I sometimes accidentally hit the button and annoyingly is goes down a gear then eventually times out and goes back to normal. I have figured out a way to disable it while only in the "D" position.

Would anyone else want this disabled in the Explorer or a Taurus SHO? Thoughts?

My other gripe (SHO guys shouldn't have this problem) is the explorer auto shifts when in manual mode. I also can change this if someone wants.

I know this might be a waste of a post for some but its a few things that I really wanted changed and did to our vehicle here so I want to offer to anyone else that might want.

LME

Just left your shop, Anthony added this new tune for me and I'm so glad u made these changes...
Anthony was super helpful even while he was super swamped... He was doing 10 things at once...
Thanks Again for making my XSport a beast!!! :burnout:

Anthony deserves a raise...

Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone had the same problem we have with our explorer. Not really a problem but a feature request! I like the tap up tap down feature on the explorer except I sometimes hit the tap down button while turning. This feature is active even when the shifter is in the "D" (drive position). So when driving or turning I sometimes accidentally hit the button and annoyingly is goes down a gear then eventually times out and goes back to normal. I have figured out a way to disable it while only in the "D" position.

Would anyone else want this disabled in the Explorer or a Taurus SHO? Thoughts?

My other gripe (SHO guys shouldn't have this problem) is the explorer auto shifts when in manual mode. I also can change this if someone wants.

I know this might be a waste of a post for some but its a few things that I really wanted changed and did to our vehicle here so I want to offer to anyone else that might want.

LME

Just left your shop, Anthony added this new tune for me and I'm so glad u made these changes...
Anthony was super helpful even while he was super swamped... He was doing 10 things at once...

You are very welcome. Thank you again for the kind words and glad to hear you enjoy the tune. Always glad to help. Appreciate your patience while you were here and hope you have a great day! :thumbsup:

Have you guys figured out how to tweak any of the 4wd settings or things controlled by the terrain response dial?

Have you guys figured out how to tweak any of the 4wd settings or things controlled by the terrain response dial?

This is something that we have not accessed in our programming at this time. I will definitely keep everyone informed as new tuning features become available.

This is something that we have not accessed in our programming at this time. I will definitely keep everyone informed as new tuning features become available.

Specifically I'd love to be able to adjust:

Throttle response
Shift points/speed/mapping
Front/rear torque split
Traction/stability control

Have you already purchased one of our tuning devices? We can adjust most of the things on your list with our tuning.

Back