Seafoam/Siezed Engine/How to turn Crankshaft? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seafoam/Siezed Engine/How to turn Crankshaft?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At $3300, sure they can be 'free shipping'!

Looks like a very fair price compared to Jasper.

Been there, done that with bottom-end damage... next time I'm ordering a reman engine and calling it a day.

Is this a typical price for rebuilt engines? The Chevy 350 is going for 2 grand.

Is this a typical price for rebuilt engines? The Chevy 350 is going for 2 grand.

That's a typical price for cheap rebuilt a small block Chevy V8. Other engines are a lot more. The more sophisticated the engine design the more it costs.

Now I see that the same comp has the V8 5.0L for only $2200, and then you get $310 back with the core...
I guess that's not a bad price.

Remember if you pay peanuts you are going to get monkeys!

Now I see that the same comp has the V8 5.0L for only $2200, and then you get $310 back with the core...
I guess that's not a bad price.

I guess it also depends on what they mean by "rebuilt". Looked around a bit....just in case! Jasper doesn't give you a price. The most straightforward site I found is http://www.enginemax.com. $2200. Not bad. You could justify it.

Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you. The engine is in fact siezed and I will try to sell my explorer to someone interested in using it for parts. I am not going to drop an engine into it because it has over 200,000 miles, but I will miss it. I really enjoyed working on this vehicle and I was proud to own it. I must admit I'm pretty bummed out.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you. The engine is in fact siezed and I will try to sell my explorer to someone interested in using it for parts. I am not going to drop an engine into it because it has over 200,000 miles, but I will miss it. I really enjoyed working on this vehicle and I was proud to own it. I must admit I'm pretty bummed out.

sorry to hear that. well, there are lots of Explorers on craigslist for under $2,000. I just picked up a nice 2000 2wd V8, which needed minor work, but had 4 new tires and a new battery, for $1,500. it's turned out to be a great truck. if you've got a parts vehicle you could pick one up, that needs some work, cheap and transfer your good parts to it. just a thought. losing my Explorer would be like losing an old friend.

Back