Clicking noise from dash (Blend Door Actuator) & DIY Repair | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clicking noise from dash (Blend Door Actuator) & DIY Repair

Sorry if these are huge! I took out the screw but cant pull it out. Its hitting the glove box cubby/top shelf. I cant really get a grip on the wire to unplug either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had this repaired today:

Replaced Air Inlet Door Motor part # FMC AA5Z 19E616 C $21.31
1.5 tech units for $174.00

Total was $195.31

125,000 miles. Now I'm more ready to face winter. :)

Anybody know how to pull the glove box?

Thanks so much guys! I can knock this out tomorrow. Is this part something i should go to my Ford dealer for or is Oriely, Autozone, Advance, Napa part just as good?

Thanks so much guys! I can knock this out tomorrow. Is this part something i should go to my Ford dealer for or is Oriely, Autozone, Advance, Napa part just as good?

Try fordparts.com or a dealer near you, better to go with original parts (my 2 cents).

BM

On fordparts.com, there are two motors shown. One is $17.76 and the other is $33.16.

Peter

whats up everybody. this is my first post here. i don't want to jack this thread but i have similar problems with my 2011 ford explorer and feel that any information on the same topic is worth referencing either way. i have already taken my vehicle in for diagnosis and was told the driver side blend door is inoperable, the HVAC module needs to be reprogrammed, sticking air intake actuator and RT blend door actuators replaced. the problem is only present on the drivers side, but they said there are codes thrown for the other actuators being faulty as well. i am looking to do the repair myself, does anyone have any insight, tips and always pics of what i am in for. thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Forum williet79.:wavey:
I have merged your post with this existing one on the same issue. Check back through the posts here and you will likely find the info you are looking for.

Peter

thanks for forwarding me to this thread. it is definately helpful. i do have one more quick question. i have heard that i will need to reset the HVAC system after replacing the actuators. is there any truck to that and is there a way to do it without taking to the dealership.

Clorerlicking noise in dash on passenger side.

Hi, first time posting here, hope someone can help. We have a 2011 Explorer Limited with 76,000 miles. We are on a road trip and just today, a clicking noise started occurring behind the glove box area of the dash. It clicks once when starting the vehicle, but when you shut it off, the clicking noise repeats itself sometimes up to 6 clicks. The heater a/c controls seem to be working ok, but I'm guessing the noise sounds like a switch/relay in the right side of the dash.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? Anyone else have an idea what is causing this?

All help would be appreciated. Thx

Man, thank you. Wish I was home with tools, garage, etc.

Welcome to the Forum dcobra.:wavey:
I see your concern has already been addressed.

I have merged your thread with this existing one on the same issue.

Peter

Yeah. Easy fix as they have stated. Cost me less than $25 from my dealer. You might take it out first to show the dealer. Im sure some dealers know which part you need off the top of their head. Mine had no idea what i was talking about till i showed them the part.

I replaced the actuator on 2010 licoln mkt this week but periodicially I still get the clicking noise when starting up. when the noise appears it doesnt feel like the actuator is clicking as i put my hand on it. Do i need to perform the calibration by pulling the fuse still or is there another motor requiring replacing?

Clicking noise coming from center console/dash area?

I am now out of warranty and the issues persist. This has to be my 20th issue with this Explorer.

Once I turned off the car, and left it in accessory mode, and the noise started. I though hmm, maybe I have to take my key out. So I did, and the noise kept persisting with everything off. The clicking would stop and come back after 15 seconds or so. It kept happening when the car was off. Anyone know what this is?

Could be the actuator for the climate blend door - check this video...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back