iPhone Text Messages

HDJulie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Platinum
I'm suddenly having problems with the text feature of the iPhone through MyFord Touch. I think it might be due to iOS 8 rather than the new iPhone 6 Plus. MFT keeps dropping the text ability -- it won't receive the incoming texts & selecting the Messaging button says that the phone is not capable of receiving texts. I can disconnect the phone & reconnect & then can select the Messaging button but it will immediately drop it when I go out of the Phone quadrant. I've tried unpairing, deleting the profile from the iPhone, rebooting the phone & then pairing again but to no avail. Anyone with iOS 8 not having this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm suddenly having problems with the text feature of the iPhone through MyFord Touch. I think it might be due to iOS 8 rather than the new iPhone 6 Plus. MFT keeps dropping the text ability -- it won't receive the incoming texts & selecting the Messaging button says that the phone is not capable of receiving texts. I can disconnect the phone & reconnect & then can select the Messaging button but it will immediately drop it when I go out of the Phone quadrant. I've tried unpairing, deleting the profile from the iPhone, rebooting the phone & then pairing again but to no avail. Anyone with iOS 8 not having this issue?

I had similiar issues with iPhone5 running iOS8 and then again with iPhone6 iOS8.

Confirm your upgraded to iOS 8.1 not still on iOS 8?

I did a battery disconnect for 30 mins and also Master Reset and its been fine since.

If you do the battery disconnect remember you need no tools just unsnap the blue connector on the + side of the battery.

Thanks. Yes, I am on 8.1. I'll try the master reset first & if that doesn't work I'll try the battery trick.

I have the same issue on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2.
Works great when available and then nothing.

Mine never worked. Brand new exp, with latest edition of my ford touch and iPhone 5 running latest iOS It's just not compatible with iPhones

I did the master reset & the texts are working again. Hopefully it will stick. It worked well on my 5 & 5s.

Mine never worked. Brand new exp, with latest edition of my ford touch and iPhone 5 running latest iOS It's just not compatible with iPhones

Absolutely not true....worked well with 3 Explorers and my iphone 4, 5, 6.

Your settings aren't set up correctly.

On your phone do you have "Show Notifications" set to on in the Bluetooth menu?

On your phone do you have "Show Notifications" set to on in the Bluetooth menu?

All that stuff is on. I've tried pairing and resetting things a million times. It just doesn't work. I have a 2015.

All that stuff is on. I've tried pairing and resetting things a million times. It just doesn't work. I have a 2015.

Even with the latest MyFord Touch software and iOS on my 6 the incoming texts work about 60% of the time. Sometimes they won't work for months then all the sudden will again.

Even with the latest MyFord Touch software and iOS on my 6 the incoming texts work about 60% of the time. Sometimes they won't work for months then all the sudden will again.

thats pathetic. Not worth my time to play games with battery detachment, resets, constant repairing etc. either it works or it doesn't. Annoying to not be able to effectively use a supposed feature.

I'm also suddenly having the exact same issue as the OP after having updated ios from 7 to 8.1 (iphone 5S). Prior to this, the messaging feature was working perfectly in my 2011 Exp.
I've not tried to fix it yet.
Just to clarify, you did a reset on the MFT or your phone?

Update: I did a reset on my iphone this morning (holding power & home button at same time), & the text feature on MFT appears to be functioning once again. Though I have not received any texts while driving yet to test it.

I also just performed the same reset on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2 and no longer receive the message that my phone is unable to receive messages. Just need a text while on the road to ensure that the messaging feature is as before.

Received a text while driving and MFT was able to read the message. Back to normal I guess. The phone reset "fixed" the issue.

I'd tried rebooting the phone, too, but that did not work for me. Please let us know if y'all end up with texts not working anymore. So far, the master reset on MFT has worked.

I did not know this was supposed to work. It has not worked since I got my sport in October and I just assumed it was not compatible. I will have to try a master reset on MFT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2014 Limited with the latest version of MFT, make sure SYNC settings are correct, running iPhone 6 with IOS 8.2, text messages coming through MFT fine, press the speak button on the screen when the message comes up. All working fine.

TBill

Back