Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 262 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before & After Pics

P1060283.JPG

2014-07-19 19.30.50.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost done with mine. Just need to install the strut spacers, and I'll call it quits.
C5254105-C3EE-467E-8ADA-CA1475781D4F.jpg

11CAB39C-6CBC-4000-888B-3DB72DBFE5DB.jpg

Man can you link me to those roof brackets for your lightbar? I have been digging for ages and am yet to find roof brackets for a roof mounted 42 inch lightbar!

Man can you link me to those roof brackets for your lightbar? I have been digging for ages and am yet to find roof brackets for a roof mounted 42 inch lightbar!

Brackets were custom made in my shop.

Brackets were custom made in my shop.

What about your first installment using your factory rails? I saw u had a hole drilled into it with an L bracket holding the lightbar. Was that hard to do? I'm really wanting to mount one on my roof but finding a way to put one up there is deeming more difficult than I tjought :(

Yeah i'm thinking about making a bracket as well, but one that goes between the door sill and the room because I'm wanting a curved one from side to side of windshield.
Not sure if it's worth it though.

What about your first installment using your factory rails? I saw u had a hole drilled into it with an L bracket holding the lightbar. Was that hard to do? I'm really wanting to mount one on my roof but finding a way to put one up there is deeming more difficult than I tjought :(

Drilling into the roof rack was easier than drilling my roof with custom brackets. Took me an hours work for the roof mounting. But didn't like it as the light sat too high and too far back. After I made my brackets for the straight 42" I found the curved 42" led. I might make a new bracket to hold one. Not sure yet.

Saw this when picking for parts for my 3rd gen. Still makes me uneasy to this day. The X must have been going fast when it hit something (A building?)

nvovnK.jpg

http://[URL=http://s762.photobucket.com/user/Ryan_Johnson85/media/imagejpg2.jpg.html]
imagejpg2.jpg
[/URL]
imagejpg1.jpg
image-3.jpg

That looks so good. How much lift do you have? What size are those tires?

2.25in. BTF front and 1.75in. BTF rear/ 3in body lift/ 18x9 wheels/ 33x13 wide tires

I guess I could have just read your signature under your picture. It still looks good.

suspension mod

20141130_145815_zpsf1c14270.jpg

285/65/16

HI, I just installed 3" body lift kit on my 2003 ford explorer 4x4 v6 , I need help for running 285" tires on stock wheels or will be better running on 17" wheels.

any rubs with 285" with 3" body lift ?
need spacer and how thick ?
ANY TIPS for running 285. thanks

HI, I just installed 3" body lift kit on my 2003 ford explorer 4x4 v6 , I need help for running 285" tires on stock wheels or will be better running on 17" wheels.

any rubs with 285" with 3" body lift ?
need spacer and how thick ?
ANY TIPS for running 285. thanks

Look around on here because I'm not sure,but I believe I've seen guys run 285s with just a 3" BL and a little trimming. You can run em on any size rim as long as it's not less than 16"

But look around here for sure, this forum is a wealth of knowledge.

Stock the day we got it. Replaced my Ranger
image_zpsb121cb2c.jpg

265/70/17 Durantracs. It needed tires so...I love forced upgrades.
image_zpsef917690.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good, how is your fuel mileage with the 4.56's?

I average 14-15 in town... haven't been on a long enough trip to check freeway mileage yet. Gears made a world of difference though, feels like stock with just a little more torque.

Back