Critters ate my baby 2001 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Critters ate my baby 2001 Explorer

12ax7

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer
15628768367_da1083475e_o_d.jpg

I left my 2001 Explorer in the driveway for a few months. I gave the batt a short charge, but the engine would not start. Turned over fine. Splayed some starting fluid into the intake. No start. Looking the engine over closely, I found that some critter chewed some wiring. The question is, What is this wire going to? Please look at the attached photo, dead center. The view is from the drivers side fender looking towards the passenger side fender.

Thanks.

I guess you cant post a photo without paying $20.00

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Image code is your friend you will have to upload the photo somewhere then use the (IMG) http:// (/IMG) replace () with [] to insert the photo into the post. Most photo hosting web site allow you to copy the image code directly.

Well, only way to repair is to remove whatevers in the way and splice...

Fixed your picture.. :)

Well, only way to repair is to remove whatevers in the way and splice...

That's the plan. I'd just like to know what I'm soldering together, and if its the reason that the vehicle won't start. My concern is that the critters ate dinner somewhere else in the engine compartment. This sled is going to the scrap yard, at least as it looks likely now.

klc

( I usta have a ford red and a ford yellow)

Back