2015 Explorer Sport in Colorado | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport in Colorado

Supposed to be at the dealership today. Last week they said it hadn't left Illinois...I am ready for this Sport to be here. Lakewood Fordland is apparently changing owners/ name soon.

Good luck on taking delivery of your Sport. Crystal says ours is due at the dealership (Phil Long of Chapel Hills) on the 28th.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck on taking delivery of your Sport. Crystal says ours is due at the dealership (Phil Long of Chapel Hills) on the 28th.

Good luck with yours as well. I am getting a "bad weather" explanation as it not there yet. But they are also transitioning management to Larry Miller which means loyal customers may suffer.

Good luck with yours as well. I am getting a "bad weather" explanation as it not there yet. But they are also transitioning management to Larry Miller which means loyal customers may suffer.

Sorry to hear about the delay. Saw some of the weather on the news tonight, and that may be more than just an excuse. Hadn't heard about Fordland changing ownership. We didn't feel like they wanted our business, so went elsewhere.

My explorer stayed in the rail loading holding lot for 3 weeks in the summer until it was shipped. Left the yard on a Monday afternoon and arrived in the Denver Union Pacific yard on Friday so it took 4 weeks to get it after it was made. Weather between here and Chicago can effect the rail time. Most likely its waiting on enough cars to fill a rail car or cars that are coming to Denver.

Not surprised that Lakewood Fordland is being sold. The current owner has had 5 general managers in the last 3 years. There are a lot of employees there now that came from Larry Miller Dealerships. They have a past reputation that is not very customer friendly that they have tried to change but old habits are hard to break and overcome. A new owner may be what they need. Talking to my salesman he told me the current GM would only order mostly black vehicles and most customers did not want a black car color especially in the explorer. They should listen to customers more on what they want and they would do better.

Hope everyone gets there explorers soon so you can enjoy them.

My explorer stayed in the rail loading holding lot for 3 weeks in the summer until it was shipped. Left the yard on a Monday afternoon and arrived in the Denver Union Pacific yard on Friday so it took 4 weeks to get it after it was made. Weather between here and Chicago can effect the rail time. Most likely its waiting on enough cars to fill a rail car or cars that are coming to Denver.

Not surprised that Lakewood Fordland is being sold. The current owner has had 5 general managers in the last 3 years. There are a lot of employees there now that came from Larry Miller Dealerships. They have a past reputation that is not very customer friendly that they have tried to change but old habits are hard to break and overcome. A new owner may be what they need. Talking to my salesman he told me the current GM would only order mostly black vehicles and most customers did not want a black car color especially in the explorer. They should listen to customers more on what they want and they would do better.

Hope everyone gets there explorers soon so you can enjoy them.

New due date is December 6th. Five weeks from production date. Looking forward to it!

Figured you had yours by now torquexp. Sorry to hear it is delayed again. Our expected arrival date was also changed; it is now December 5th which is 4 weeks after build date. On Nov 17th I was told it was in Indiana; on the 21st I was told it was in Nebraska. Wouldn't be surprised if the real answer is that it is still in Chicago!

Figured you had yours by now torquexp. Sorry to hear it is delayed again. Our expected arrival date was also changed; it is now December 5th which is 4 weeks after build date. On Nov 17th I was told it was in Indiana; on the 21st I was told it was in Nebraska. Wouldn't be surprised if the real answer is that it is still in Chicago!

Sounds like your dealer is getting railroad updates but the progress is slower than usual. Ford was having trouble last winter with the railroads getting trains to move the car carriers due to the heavy demand to haul crude. The UP Hub In Nebraska gets a lot of tanker cars from Wyoming and North Dakota passing through it and its sent west along the I-80 corridor to Northern California refineries.

4 weeks is about the average ship time to get to Colorado. Last winter the shipping time was running 6-8 weeks from build date for a lot of people doing special orders.

I know the wait is a pain since I have been through it. Having been through it and waiting 9 weeks total and having mine for 3 months now I can say it was worth ordering a 2015 model with the color and options I wanted.

Thanks for your comments binaryman3. Was aware that you had to wait awhile also, but what I don't like is the way the date keeps changing. We should not be given dates that constantly change. Mine has changed by 10 days so far, and from what I've read on here torquexp's date has changed much more than that

My ordering experience noticed a breakdown in consistency with delivery dates once the vehicle was built. The factory schedule is very consistent to the build date but from there Ford seems to not have much control on delivery dates. I expect its due to the railroads. I have seen this with other industries as well especially in the crude oil loading and hauling business. My company does engineering for a crude oil loading and hauling company facility here in Colorado and the daily operations schedule is dictated by the railroads. Some days they cant work due to no empty rail cars to fill and the railroad is behind schedule for pickup of full cars and delivery of empty cars. I expect its the same with Ford. Ford should be more forthcoming about delays out of their control.

Fair enough. I'll accept that it may be something that Ford doesn't control, but in that case they should be more forthcoming with the customer. The dealer said 6 to 8 weeks when I placed the order and it looks like that window will not be met. I'm from the old school, I expect the truth which is what I got when I placed previous orders with Jaguar and Chrysler.

Fair enough. I'll accept that it may be something that Ford doesn't control, but in that case they should be more forthcoming with the customer. The dealer said 6 to 8 weeks when I placed the order and it looks like that window will not be met. I'm from the old school, I expect the truth which is what I got when I placed previous orders with Jaguar and Chrysler.

I agree totally and am part of that old school. They should have told you 8 - 12 weeks since that was what they experienced last year. I think the expression is to under promise and over deliver to customers.

I think the expression is to under promise and over deliver to customers.

Hadn't heard that expression before, but I think you are right.

Hadn't heard that expression before, but I think you are right.

Definitely how it should be done. COEXSPORT, hope yours comes before next Friday! Have a great holiday weekend.

Definitely how it should be done. COEXSPORT, hope yours comes before next Friday! Have a great holiday weekend.

Thanks torquexp. Dealer just called and said he thinks it is in the railyard in Denver and he is trying to see if it has been loaded on a transporter. Guess I'll know for sure when I get a call to pick it up. You have a great Thanksgiving also.

Thanks torquexp. Dealer just called and said he thinks it is in the railyard in Denver and he is trying to see if it has been loaded on a transporter. Guess I'll know for sure when I get a call to pick it up. You have a great Thanksgiving also.

That sounds like very good news COEXSPORT! Hopefully you will have your new ride by the end of this week!

Happy Thanksgiving!

That sounds like very good news COEXSPORT! Hopefully you will have your new ride by the end of this week!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks binaryman3. You have a great Thanksgiving also.

After a November 17th estimate has came and went by two weeks the new estimate was this Saturday, December 6th. Called the dealership today and it is now pushed to December 14th! At least the train left Illinois briefly and is in Indiana. Build date was October 29th or 6 1/2 weeks for delivery. Ordered it from the dealer on September 27th (which turned out to be the next Monday, September 29th). 11 weeks from order date... The next 12 days are going to be more agonizing than the past 2 months.

I know, champagne problems.

torque,
Still waiting for mine too although my delays aren't as bad as yours yet. Crystal told me yesterday my ETA to dealer is still the 5th. Salesman indicated last week it was in Denver at the railyard and he expected delivery the first of this week. My build date was Nov 7.

torquexp,

Sounds like the same railroad delays they were having last year at this time. If its in Indiana its in the railroad system now and unless they have weather delays or a shortage of train capacity it will move quickly. Call the dealer back on Thursday or Friday and ask for an update. It should be on the rail between Chicago and Denver by then.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Supposed to pick up new Explorer Sport tomorrow, 8 weeks after it was ordered.

Back