lifted explorer problem | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifted explorer problem

I cant get the arm off the sector shaft. puller wont budge it, been driving around with it loose since Saturday, going to try it again tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had one stick like that one time. BFH on the sides and a little heat. But it took a little while.

Finally got my pitman arm on. Had to cut the old one off.

Sweet, Mine is still driving pretty good. Going in Friday to have to toe set and the alignment rechecked. Hope it helps it from not chasing the ruts in the pavement?

here's mine with the arm and sway bar. need new longer links.

Attachments

• CAM00090a.jpg
    CAM00090a.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 172

Took the Ex for a ride today, 130 miles. bump steer is better, need to get alignment rechecked. still need dual shocks.

its currently missing one.:) it will get a sleeve welded in when i put new diff in.

I still Think it needs a longer inner left tie rod. doesn't line up as well as the others at the beginning of the post.

its currently missing one.:) it will get a sleeve welded in when i put new diff in.

That's what I thought. I would of probably welded over it then had to cut it for the sleeve. Did you cut and turn you arms and if so did you do a write up on it.

I looked for a longer tie rod but didn't have much luck.

yes they're cut and turned 3.5 degrees, lower ball joint moved out 1 in, narrowed 6 in total, 4 at the spring, 2 at the pivot. no write up. did it 8 yrs ago. i figured i will have to cut down a full size right inner tie rod and rethread it. we will see. got to get 4wd finished. having issues with front axle angles.

Hey DimondD what do you have done on the rear diff it looks like you did a little work on that??? Trussed???
Pictures???

Chiming in late lol.

I run 6" up front on soft springs, a stock sway bar and home-made extended end links (with pins and R-keys), and a FA600 pitman. No sway bar in the rear at all, stock shocks back there (its SOA swapped), and hydro shocks in the front.

When I aligned mine the first time I used stock size tires, and switched to 33's on 5x8's later. They had a 4.5 backspace and ran beautifully. Later I went to 15x10's on a 3.75 backspace, and it didn't like that at all lol. Also my wheel bearing life went to crap too. I think the leveraging effect on the TB with the contact patch moved out some causes the alignment to misbehave. Also, I found that "being in the green" on the alignment rack doesn't always equal a great drive. My toe and camber lean to pretty much zero.

Sorry if there's nothing new here, but this shows you dont have to spend a ton to get these lifted trucks drivin' right.

Rear axle is a 75 big bearing 9" out of a bronco. has 11x2.25 drums, 4.88s,detroit, chromoly yukon axles, trussed and back braced.

Attachments

• CAM00095.jpg
    CAM00095.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 114

Looks good.

Back