Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

I think the grille almost looks like a bit of retro styling.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the grille almost looks like a bit of retro styling.

Peter

Kinda reminds me of this.
explorer-3-4-front-ant-1k-copy.jpg

...holy crap I can imagine the chaos at the dealership trying to sell a Plat Ex to a customer...based on current dealership stories...

...customer who knows what he wants and knows all options, ...

...customer who doesnt know and needs good info...not likely to be pretty...

prob the Plat will be sold in a seperate dept with pinkies out and tiny tea cups...

The "Expanded Metal"-look grill is awful.

No need to replace my '13

Its a bit much, I bet a darker matching color or plastidipped matching color would be better...

...holy crap I can imagine the chaos at the dealership trying to sell a Plat Ex to a customer...based on current dealership stories...

...customer who knows what he wants and knows all options, ...

...customer who doesnt know and needs good info...not likely to be pretty...

prob the Plat will be sold in a seperatre dept with pinkies out and tiny tea cups...
I'll let you know.;)

Peter

I also wish they stopped with the plastic bottom half and just have it matching with the paint.

The grill is bloody awfull! On the positive side the bean counters finally got their act together with LED running lights, and shark fin antenna. I'm wondering if they saw the light at the end of the tunnel and got rid of the lousy interior lighting to go with LED. Front camera is better, but I bet not as good as Nissan/BMW 360 view set up.
I see we still have the cheesy chrome door handles! Makes me wonder if anyone in Ford's styling department ever bothers to lurk on enthusiast site like this, and really read what we think/want from their products.

The Plat, since it will be the top tier truck, should come with more ponies since it will be even heavier.

frank

I would have liked the sport to stand out a little more other than just the grille and blacked out tail lights. The rims could've been better (perhaps more black) but what I would have liked is the lower cladding around the entire vehicle to be body colored (agreeing with Manashe). Either have this on the Sport or the Platinum so that it can really stand out as a different trim. Kinda like the Acadia vs Acadia Denali.

There's too much going on in the front. Looks more like a Range Rover. Makes the current generation look plain in a way lol. Also, the tail light looks incomplete. It also looks like they combined the current generation with the Ford Escape tail light from 08-12 with the white lining inside the light.

I like the LED light within the headlamp but do not like the LED fog light. Would have been better if they were vertical dotted LED.

I love my sport. I don't think the changes are enough to get me to change mine.

i do like the grill better on the non platinum models.

I was at dealer last night about to trade in my 2011 FWD XLT (Limited clone) for a 15 sport but I am wondering if I should wait for the 2016 sport... I was thinking of only doing a two year lease and then see whats going on at that time? I could wait but I would like to have the 4WD this winter vs waiting until mid next year?? Not sure what to do. I love the look of both.

I was at dealer last night about to trade in my 2011 FWD XLT (Limited clone) for a 15 sport but I am wondering if I should wait for the 2016 sport... I was thinking of only doing a two year lease and then see whats going on at that time? I could wait but I would like to have the 4WD this winter vs waiting until mid next year?? Not sure what to do. I love the look of both.

I'd do the 2 year lease on a 2015 and let them work the bugs out of the new model.

Explorers have bugs?? No way! ;)

Peter

Are there any pictures of the SPORT version? (for this MMC facelifted model)

EDIT: Ok never mind (it's the Red car in the auto show pics)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In my opinion either Sport or Platinum should've got more power. Like GM 3.6l turbocharged engine delivers about 420 ponies!!!

Back