Possible New Owner Questions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible New Owner Questions

My wife drives a 14 Sport. We have 2 kids, a 6' tall 14 year old and a 7 year old in a booster. We have 2nd row buckets with a console between them. The buckets slide fore and aft which made it nice for legroom. Our Sport is pretty much loaded. I personally love the NAV and Sony stereo. Our sirius expired a few months ago yet we still get traffic alerts. As far as space goes, it depends on how much you need. In daily driving, grocery trips, etc, there is ample room. We have only wanted for a little more space on trips. We came from an expedition and honestly the only time we miss it is on trips as it was a living room on wheels. Kinda wish we waited on the 2015 expedition as it has had needed refreshening done including modern electronics and the wonderful Ecoboost engine. But, the Sport is a blast to drive. Seats are comfy. As far as a Durango, we never considered one. If we were going that route it was going to be an expedition. They seem nice but Dodge has dropped hints for awhile they were dropping it. We cross shopped against a 4runner, Pilot, and Grand Cherokee. The explorer blew them away to us. Good luck.

I would agree with the post above. We have a 14 Sport, and last weeks road trip to California was great...until hubby said he missed the room of our Odyessey. (That almost killed the trip...lol). Before my 2-2014 explorers we had an Odyessey which I dispise except for the additional room.

My 10 year old son is 5 feet tall, and I have an 8 year old boy...so the explorer is perfect. Hubby is 6'3 and can sit in the third row comfortably due to the 2nd row captain chairs. So depending on your wish list may determine which way to go. My sister has the same Explorer with 4 kids ages 4 and under...if they can fit- anyone can.

Never thought Durango...been there done that not impressed. Same for Toyota. My Fords have treated me well, which is why we have 3.

In the end do what makes you happy....we only live once. Good luck!

Hey guys, quick update, we leased our new Explorer this Saturday! Got a white XLT!

Absolutely love the car. I must say our first impressions of the car are really really great!

First off the size comparison between the VW Tiguan and XLT is just ridiculous. The amount of space we have gained is easily 3x what we were used to. We did our first food shopping/errand run yesterday with the whole family, and let me tell you, being able to put the double stroller in the rear, as well as ALL of the groceries, etc., and not having to put a damn thing in the rear or front passenger seats was amazing!

Other things to note. I was very impressed with the lack of road noise. I know German cars are usually great in this department, however I can definitely say that the Explorer is much quieter than our Tiguan.

I'll come back with a full list, but I can definitely say we are very happy with our purchase! Thanks for all the help up to this point!

Congratulations. Hope you continue to enjoy the Explorer. Now you can update your profile with the year and model. ;)
Happy motoring.

Peter

Back