King of the Hammers 2015 - Who all is going? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

King of the Hammers 2015 - Who all is going?

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..Just throwing this up even though its over three months away, there are already over 150 drivers signed up and I would expect it to hit over 200 by show time.

2015 KOH Week Schedule of Events*

1/30 Hammertown opens

2/1 - King of The Motos
2/2 - ULTRA4 vs. SRRS Shootout
2/3 - 4 Wheel Parts Qualifying and LCQ
2/4 - More Qualifying and Polaris KOH UTV Race
2/5 - Smittybilt Every Man Challenge Race
2/6 - Nitto King of The Hammers
2/7 - KOH The Experience - Trail Rides for Enthusiasts
*schedule is tentative and subject to change

I also have a "fun desert race Wednesday" on my schedule but not sure if that is still included in the events schedule.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Shotgun..:D

I'm living in JTree now, We'll be in and out for sure.

I'm living in JTree now,

I'm sorry. ;) I hope while you are out west you get to see more of what CA has to offer.

Last few years we have usually had an explorer group meetup for dinner in Yucca Valley. Last year it was Tuesday night. It is a good break to get away from the dust.

...I'm out on the lakebed this weekend with a NAXJA group and will be back out turkey day thru Sunday for different teams test and tunes. .:burnout:

Had a blast last year. Not sure about this year. I don't get very much vacation time with this job:(

Gonna try to go...as usual, all depends on my work situation around that time.

It's in the plans as of now... 99% sure I'll be there. Hoping to have my new truck there. If not, most likely will be in the exploder. It's too close to the Mint for me to chance bringing the race truck out. I would hope to have my F150 running by then though! I will not be on the lake bed. I have a different spot I stay at across the highway. Most likely will get out there late Wed night and stay till Sunday morning.

I'm planning on it. Maybe, just maybe I will get the Toyota out there as well!

...I can't wait to get out there..:D

If someone was only going for a few days, what would be the best days?

Tue, Wed, Thur. Race day Friday turns into a traffic jam dust bowl. Plus the coverage online is better then what you can get on the coarse. Good luck leaving Saturday morning. The Boone Rd crawl will be in full force.

Tue, Wed, Thur. Race day Friday turns into a traffic jam dust bowl. Plus the coverage online is better then what you can get on the coarse. Good luck leaving Saturday morning. The Boone Rd crawl will be in full force.

Monday was pretty cool too now that they've added the shootout. This was the first year of the Backdoor Shootout but sounds like they may be moving it elsewhere, it will still be on monday night though.
It was like a big party on the side of a hill...people had music and campfires going.

By the time wednesday rolls around you think ok, there's a lot of people here but they keep coming in day and night until race morning.

I believe '09 was the only year I stayed for the big race, by then I had been there 3-4 days straight in a tent so I was ready to go home lol. 2-3 days is good for me anytime during the week.

They tried doing RV dumps and waterfills a few years back on the lakebed but I'm not sure if they got it ironed out. It was hit or miss if you got service. I think the first year they only had one company doing it and they were overwhelmed.

LOL, from what I'm reading here... I'm damn glad I don't stay on the lake bed when I go to KOH. Seems like that's a lot of what's making the event a little bit of a pain in the butt for you guys! I stay on the other side of the highway actually and just head down on Thursday to scope out where I want to spectate from then again on Friday for the big race. Take the cooler and chairs and post up in a canyon for the day and have a good time. I usually head down there one evening just to see the night time fun and other then that, I stay away from the lake bed. I've never seen the exit traffic or any of that. Seems like the way to do it is to camp actually out away from the event. You stay a heck of a lot less dusty too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

subscribing

Back