SCT X4 WITH custom tuning | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

How do the Pre-loaded SCT tunes compare to the custom tunes being used on the SCT devices?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do the Pre-loaded SCT tunes compare to the custom tunes being used on the SCT devices?
No not really, the custom SCT tunes from Torrie allow you to do data logging and create updates specific to your vehicle/environment/fuel available in your area. Running a generic tune won't work for places like Phoenix where I live as the gas is so bad that stock vehicles ping...

Once you try one of Torrie's tunes you won't care about the canned tunes anyways.

The fact that he is willing to tweak it specific to your vehicle and your mods is worth it right there.

Can anyone explain to me what the readings other than boost and intake air temps are on the SCT X-4? There's a Vpower, ECT_Ind, Lambse B1 and B2? plus a few others. I wanna know what I'm actually monitoring. Thank you

Can anyone explain to me what the readings other than boost and intake air temps are on the SCT X-4? There's a Vpower, ECT_Ind, Lambse B1 and B2? plus a few others. I wanna know what I'm actually monitoring. Thank you

Lanbse B1 and B2 is AFR. Use the following chart to calculate. Basically, 1.00 is good.

Lambda AFR EQRATIO
0.686 10.08 1.45
0.696 10.23 1.43
0.706 10.38 1.41
0.716 10.53 1.39
0.727 10.69 1.37
0.739 10.86 1.35
0.750 11.03 1.33
0.762 11.20 1.31
0.774 11.38 1.28
0.787 11.57 1.26
0.800 11.76 1.24
0.814 11.96 1.22
0.828 12.17 1.20
0.842 12.38 1.18
0.857 12.60 1.16
0.873 12.83 1.14
0.889 13.07 1.12
0.905 13.31 1.10
0.923 13.57 1.08
0.941 13.84 1.06
0.960 14.11 1.04
0.980 14.40 1.02
1.000 14.70 1.0
1.037 15.25 .96
1.078 15.84 .92
1.121 16.48 .89
1.169 17.18 .85
1.220 17.93 .81
1.276 18.76 .78
1.337 19.66 .74
1.405 20.66 .71

ECT_IND sounds like Engine Coolant Temp
VPower should be voltage I believe

This is a great reply, thank you. Looks like everything is running good post tune

Hey all, i'm just curious, and I'm not ready to buy yet so i didn't want to email them yet, but the SCT X4 POWER FLASH PROGRAMMER if bought from them for $399 says "Custom tuning for your vehicle is included with the purchase of this product". Does anyone know if that's 1 custom tune, or 2? I'm going to buy this unit and 2 tunes (or 3) from them and I'm trying to see if i should buy the unit and tunes from them or the unit seperate and then the tunes from them... Thanks guys!!

I'm thinking 2 tunes cause i don't tow anything being 93 performance tune and a 93 economy (mpg) tune...

Like the SCT X3, the X4 stores up to 10 different tunes. When I bought an X3 from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning he included
THREE tunes of my choice. IIRC, Henson Performance offers the same. If in doubt, contact an SCT dealer of choice and ask.

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=74&VID=

thanks for the reply. I'm just unsure if the $399 price tag from unleashed includes 1 or more custom tunes included. Most likely 1, but would make a big difference on if i buy it sooner or later if it included 3!! lol

The other question i have is, i see if i buy the sct x4 from unleashed, torrie is the custom tuner that does the tunes, but if i buy it from ecopowerparts.com i am reading torrie tunes the custom tunes as well. So does torrie work for sct, or does he tune for several resellers?

I'm familiar to the corvette tuning scene, but a total newbie to the ford scene. Sorry for the newbie questions :)

Torrie is an SCT dealer and custom tuner. Wasn't aware he had interest in other companies. He is very quick to respond to emails. GL

Torrie is an SCT dealer and custom tuner. Wasn't aware he had interest in other companies. He is very quick to respond to emails. GL

got it now!! Thanks!!!

Hey guys, I really want to try to NOT bother Torrie and get as much info as i can here, so i'll ask you guys. I just got my X4 yesterday and will install his 93 3bar tune tomorrow. I'll datalog after i get a few miles on her, and just got the parameters to datalog from Torrie.

My first question is, what are the rules for dataloging for the ex sport and Torrie? For instance, i'm used to dataloging for my other car (chevy) and i'm supposed to get anywhere from 3 - 10 minutes worth of log and at RPM's between 1800 and 2500. Are the rules the same? (obviously i'm a newb at this!!)

Hey guys, I really want to try to NOT bother Torrie and get as much info as i can here, so i'll ask you guys. I just got my X4 yesterday and will install his 93 3bar tune tomorrow. I'll datalog after i get a few miles on her, and just got the parameters to datalog from Torrie.

My first question is, what are the rules for dataloging for the ex sport and Torrie? For instance, i'm used to dataloging for my other car (chevy) and i'm supposed to get anywhere from 3 - 10 minutes worth of log and at RPM's between 1800 and 2500. Are the rules the same? (obviously i'm a newb at this!!)

I just finished data logging my Sport for him today. All he asked for from me was a WOT run. After all the revisions I've sent him 7 logs so far. I did every log on the same route with the same driving behavior. I would go WOT from a stop to about 70-75. Then I did mild acceleration while rolling (prob %50-%75 throttle). Then just normal acceleration because I am on a side street by then. Each log for me was just over 2min.

Are you both using torque?

What are the parameters, I'm lost when it comes to what I should be including while logging?

Thanks,

Are you both using torque?

What are the parameters, I'm lost when it comes to what I should be including while logging?

Thanks,

Do you have an SCT tuning device? For logging with the SCT you use the Live Link program you download from the SCT website. There's many parameters available to be recorded. I used a configuration file from Unleashed that recorded what he wanted to see. There's about 30 in that file. Can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

I just bought an X4 from Torrie last week, and there is a feature on the website when ordering to select 1 tune (included), 2, or 3. In my haste and excitement, I missed this dropdown option and ordered the default (1 tune). When I requested 3 calibrations, I was informed of my oversight, and I PayPal'd an additional $100 for 2 more tunes (3 in total).

I know this is an older post, but just wanted to update for anyone else running across this in searches. As others have reported, Torrie provides spectacularly quick responses to e-mail messages.

Hey, Just bought a sct x4 7015 tuner for the car, Does anyone know where I could buy a nice tune for it? its a 2011 3.5l v6 naturally aspirated. I need a tune file thats compatible with the sct x4

Hey, Just bought a sct x4 7015 tuner for the car, Does anyone know where I could buy a nice tune for it? its a 2011 3.5l v6 naturally aspirated. I need a tune file thats compatible with the sct x4
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread has been moved to this one on SCT X4 tuning. There is a very handy 'Search' feature (upper right) that can be used to find various thread topics already posted here. There isn't too much that hasn't already been discussed. Good luck.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which 3 Tunes?

I grabbed a tuner and a 3 pack of tunes for my 2016 XSport. Being in Vegas I only have access to 91 octane. 93 nor E85 are easily obtainable for me. Here’s what I’m thinking so far.

91 performance
87 economy

No idea for the third. Is the 87 economy worth it, or stick to a 91 economy. E30 tunes seem popular. Is it worth it to get to have on hand in case I get easier access to E85?

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks
Drew

Back