• Register Today It's free!

Back up cam

Explorer Pete

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
Have a 2013 Explorer Limited. Installed the Lock pic system, now every once in a while, the back up cam will turn off while in reverse. I shift into park or neutral and then back into reverse and the cam will come back on. Any ideas as to what is going on? Pete: :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check to make sure the lock pic has the latest firmware in it. You will occasionally more than likely get the camera unavailable see dealer message to. The lock pick creates more issues than I think it is worth. Sometimes it works great...other times not. No pattern noted either.

Does lock pic allow you to view rear cam while driving forward ?

Yes - just go to their site.

yes it does, you can also use it to view forward while driving, do not recommend doing this, but it can be entertaining for the family in a parking lot:) Right now it is a PITA, not working right, going out and remove , and reinstall to see if it will work. If not, removing it and getting a monitor with an on/off switch to use as required.

Removed the lock-pik unit. Re-installed , not working, Pulled the whole crappy wire harness, and went back to original. Looking for a cheep monitor that I can use in place of the unit, Any ideas or leads as to getting a small monitor? Will mount with an on/off switch, so that I can use it for parking. I think it was a bad mistake / costly one to put this in my ride. :mad:

Back