Extra Dealer Recommended Maintenace | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Extra Dealer Recommended Maintenace

I know there's a trick to get these filters to come out. I've tried once or twice, and can't even get them to budge. I gave up. I vacuumed them off instead. After 126,000 miles on the original filters, my heated and cooled seats are still working great.

Simple vacuuming sounds like a good idea. I use my heated / cooled seats very intermittently.

I know there's a trick to get these filters to come out. I've tried once or twice, and can't even get them to budge. I gave up. I vacuumed them off instead. After 126,000 miles on the original filters, my heated and cooled seats are still working great.

You are supposed to be able to grab them and twist them off. They'll twist approximately 1/4" and then drop down.

However, I had the same issue as you. I think it is just the angle of twisting your body and trying to get your hand upside down etc.

All I did was grab a pair of needle nose players, grabbed the lip of where the filter meets the frame and twisted (instead of using my hand to twist them), they popped right off.

Back