• Register Today It's free!

Condensation drip

sabasigh

Reaction score
City, State
STL Metro East, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT 4x4
Have an '05 Explorer V6, 132k miles. Just had a rebuilt tranny put in.

Here lately, when parked overnite i see a big wet spot under the tranny. Checked it several times and it's water, no smell or anything. I explained most of this away to rain, but last nite was clear.

Today was nice & warm and i crawl underneath and still see a clear drip coming from the condensation tube. There is a big ol' wet spot under the X. I don't think i've seen this much water from even a summer day running the AC.

I read this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411854 and this tube drains right on some wiring harnesses.

Normally i wouldn't worry bout a drip here/there, but this thing has been dripping non stop. What could be causing this?

I checked the floorboards inside and nothing wet there. No strange smells from the HVAC that can be smelled over my BO...so WTH?

Here lately, when parked overnite i see a big wet spot under the tranny. Checked it several times and it's water, no smell or anything. I explained most of this away to rain, but last nite was , but this thing has been dripping non stop. What could be causing this?

?

It's water condensation like you said and as long as it is water, I wouldn't worry about it. I see it under my Explorer in the same spot as well, usually in summer time when it is hot during the day and cooler at night. By morning the water spot is there. There are a bunch of water drains on these things.

Ok i slowly put 2 and 2 together...for the last couple weeks been hearing this rattling noise from around the passenger dash/footwell area, when the blower is on. Thought it was maybe a leaf in a duct but maybe i got some type of blockage causing everything to draing really, reallllly slow?

Ok i slowly put 2 and 2 together...for the last couple weeks been hearing this rattling noise from around the passenger dash/footwell area, when the blower is on. Thought it was maybe a leaf in a duct but maybe i got some type of blockage causing everything to draing really, reallllly slow?

There are 2 (one each side of vehicle) water drain holes under the windshield cowl and inside the fender wells. To see them you need to split open the inner fender well skirt from the fender itself. Use the search box at the top of the forum and type a question into it related to "clogged fender drain holes" and it should pull up a past post I made showing pictures of where this drain hole is located. I don't have the link handy.

Back