Livernois Tune | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Tune

bouser

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
I put the 93 octane tune in my 14 sport today. It has a K&N air filter and that's all. I have been on the fence for a month now, and decided to go with Livernois.
All I can say is I am glad I did. The truck drives like stock until you mash it. Then it comes alive. To say I am satisfied is an under statement. I do not miss my old souped up Typhoon any longer.:D;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I put the 93 octane tune in my 14 sport today. It has a K&N air filter and that's all. I have been on the fence for a month now, and decided to go with Livernois.
All I can say is I am glad I did. The truck drives like stock until you mash it. Then it comes alive. To say I am satisfied is an under statement. I do not miss my old souped up Typhoon any longer.:D;)

Good to see the post! I have been missing my 2006 Trailblazer SS and the Jeep SRT8 was the only vehicle that represented that in new vehicles. They are nice, but not $65k+ nice to me. I started looking at the X Sport, and it has filled that need I have had for the past few years, plus alot more! Now I can finally tow my motorcycles to the track without borrowing or renting a truck!

I just got my '15 X Sport 2 weeks ago. I got busy quick on customizing. Tints, HIDs, LEDS. I had a brand new K&N left over from my last vehicle, a 2013 SHO. I had switched right away to Airraid CAI + Livernois 93 Octane tune. I put this in the truck asap. I decided not to waste the money on a CAI this time. So the panel filter worked out. Livernois transferred my tuner to the Xsport no charge. I could not imagine driving this truck stock. The tune wakes this truck right up and turns it into beast mode! I just received my 3bar map sensor and performance Tstat. I am going to take this tune up a notch next week! I ran my Livernois 93 Octane with all the updates to the tune from 500 miles to 28k miles on the SHO with no issues btw. Everytime I went in for service, I just restored to stock tune.

How are you enjoying that tune? I just did the evenflo thermostat and 3bar with 93 Octane 3bar tune today. Its a wet miserable day here, but whoa this things pulls hard and all the way through the rpm range. The same reaction I had to 93 Octane performance over stock, is the same reaction I am having with 3bar 93 octane over 93 oct performance!

I like it.:D how much wheel hop do you have with the 3 bar? I get it from a slow roll when it downshifts into first. also a little from the 1-2 shift. Whats funny is I have a 625 hp mustang and no hop with that. :D

I like it.:D how much wheel hop do you have with the 3 bar? I get it from a slow roll when it downshifts into first. also a little from the 1-2 shift. Whats funny is I have a 625 hp mustang and no hop with that. :D

It's been raining all day so I can't tell. I shut off traction control when I push this hard and it's smooth wheel spin. If you get too much hop or spin traction control shuts down the engine with traction control on.

The first thing I due is shut down traction control. The only time I leave it on is during a good Florida down pour.

I am looking forward to playing around this weekend with the new tune!

I am enjoying the latest tune upgrade but wanted to compare rides. Shutting off traction control all around improves driveability but I am having an issue with torque steering under heavy acceleration. Perfect example is 40mph rollons. On some of the narrow upstate parkways, I have learned real quick to brace the steering wheel in a WOT pass. This is something I did not experience in my SHO.

3 bar 93 octane tune

How much horse power and torque are you guys getting with the Livernois 3bar 93 Octane tune over the standard 93 Octane performance tune. Is it more of a seat of the pants feel or is it considerable power gains? Has anyone completed any before and after quarter mile times or 0-60 times to show the difference?

How much horse power and torque are you guys getting with the Livernois 3bar 93 Octane tune over the standard 93 Octane performance tune. Is it more of a seat of the pants feel or is it considerable power gains? Has anyone completed any before and after quarter mile times or 0-60 times to show the difference?

The stock map sensor (2 bar) caps psi at 14.5 I believe. The 3bar allows for a much more aggressive tuning, which also requires the Evenflow thermostat. LMS Dyno's for each of their tunes. I have not dynoed my truck. I can say that the 3 bar tune is a very noticeable "seat of the pants" change over the 93 performance tune. These upgrades are the most cost effective. Anything above this now would get costly such as the downpipes (8-10HP) at $780, and a methanol kit. I am very pleased at this level but the torque steer is new to me coming from the SHO.

The first thing I due is shut down traction control. The only time I leave it on is during a good Florida down pour.

How exactly are you turning off the traction control?.....switching to Sand Mode?

How exactly are you turning off the traction control?.....switching to Sand Mode?

Left steering wheel button, go to Menu, driver settings and click on traction control to turn off/on.

Anyone have the Livernois 93 tune with a 3bar map sensor without any other mods? I don't want to swap out parts. Just want an aggressive tune without an intake, plugs or thermostat.

Could someone please upload a youtube video showing all this crazy wheel spin? I have the unleashed tune and to be honest...I only get the slightest shuffle (dead stop, sand mode, 2k launch). I still have improvements everywhere from power to shifts to throttle input. BUT....I am a little courious to see if the grass is greener.

The 3bar allows for a much more aggressive tuning, which also requires the Evenflow thermostat.

You can actually run the 3 bar without a thermostat. The lower temps probably allow the tuners to eke out a bit more performance but it's not a necessity.

Also, has anyone considered running a 2.5 bar? I believe that's stock on the F-150's and let's be honest, these little turbos we have are not going to surpass the range of the 2.5. Plus I've heard they're a little cheaper.

dentalpain - Have you done any logging for Torrie? If you do some data logging for him he will refine the tune for better performance while still keeping things safe.

The 3bar map sensor IS from a F150.

I took my xsport to the dragstrip a few weeks ago and it was so frickin consistent that it was boring. After a few passes I stopped because it was running the same time over and over again.

13.496 @ 102.32
13.498 @ 102.39
13.499 @ 102.31
13.543 @ 101.66 (I tried manually shifting into 4th a little early on that one).

The 3bar map sensor IS from a F150.

I took my xsport to the dragstrip a few weeks ago and it was so frickin consistent that it was boring. After a few passes I stopped because it was running the same time over and over again.

13.496 @ 102.32
13.498 @ 102.39
13.499 @ 102.31
13.543 @ 101.66 (I tried manually shifting into 4th a little early on that one).

What mods was this with? If you don't mind posting.

What mods was this with? If you don't mind posting.

3bar map sensor
170* thermostat
Livernois 93oct v3 tune

It was between 45-50 degrees out at the time. I launch in sand mode and switch it back to normal mode after the 1-2 shift.

3bar map sensor
170* thermostat
Livernois 93oct v3 tune

It was between 45-50 degrees out at the time. I launch in sand mode and switch it back to normal mode after the 1-2 shift.

What does launching in sand mode do? I turn off traction and spool to 2k for launch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What does launching in sand mode do? I turn off traction and spool to 2k for launch.

It seems like it puts more power to the rear wheels.

Try launching on the street in normal mode (traction control off) and sand mode. In normal mode mine spins the front tires off the line. In sand mode they all spin and it goes a little sideways sometimes.

Back