Front Camera | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Camera

Does it have a switch to flip it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Contact the lockpick people?

I don't anything in the lock pick instructions that flip the video, it simply displays what it is fed so it is more than likely the camera. What video input are you using on the lockpick and make and model of the camera?

You used a Camera that is set up to be a rear view camera. Check with the Camera supplier, some cameras have a mirror switch to flip the image right-left.

The camera is a CMD Rear View Camera model CG-890 from China, no switch to flip, no way of knowing if the camera is a mirror or a non mirror camera, other than the fact that the picture is backwards. I am under the impression that Lock-pick has the rep of not helping with a tech support center. Any other ideas would help, and I could stop scratching my head and looking like a deer in the headlights. Pete

The camera is a CMD Rear View Camera model CG-890 from China, no switch to flip, no way of knowing if the camera is a mirror or a non mirror camera, other than the fact that the picture is backwards. I am under the impression that Lock-pick has the rep of not helping with a tech support center. Any other ideas would help, and I could stop scratching my head and looking like a deer in the headlights. Pete

Your problem is you used the wrong camera. Its for rear view and therefore the image is flipped. If you had it in the rear the image would be displayed correctly. Has nothing to do with the lockpick. If there is no switch to flip the image you will need to install a normal camera not rear view.

Think about it for a minute. If your looking at your OEM rearview camera in the display and place a L in the left side and an R on the right side and envision moving that camera around to the front of the car (and the L and R stay with the camera movement) where would that imprinted L and R be on your screen now?

Why not just flip the camera upside down...

Uhhh...Didn't pick up on my humor, I see. However at least then the right image would be on the right side... LOL!

Don't laugh, I tried the flip the camera up side down trick, and got the picture as stated. Even considered changing the video wires. But commonsense took over, and I took a drink,,,,, of coffee. Went to the computer and looked up Front view bumper cameras. You know, there is a difference. Harder to find than the run of the mill cameras for back-up cams. You would think One cam for all, BUT NO, play mind games with the uninformed. Now, can anyone tell me where to find a standard view (non-mirror) camera, or at least one that has the FLIP switch.. Pete

Thanks omar302, but really, over $200.00 for a front view camera. Trying to keep the cost down, Not willing to give up my first born, for a camera.:D

Hey Explorer Pete, look at the cameras I provided links to. They were each made by PYLE and were less that $50 each. Further research shows they can be switched from front to rear view pretty easily...Looks like either a jumper wire or wire reversal.

Front cam

Has ford come out with a front cam, and is it compatible with the 2013 Limited>:salute:

I am not aware of any front camera add on accessory that Ford currently has. However, the 2016 Platinum model does have a front camera so perhaps they may become an accessory at a later date but I wouldn't count on it since they don't offer a rear view cam as an accessory either.

Peter

Get a small mirror and turn the camera around and point it at the mirror.

That lockpick method seems very easy to install, something to consider for myself. was debating to get a cheap chinese unit to install upfront and have a screen mounted on the inside of the car.

How much does a lockpic cost?
With the lockpic, im assuming you buy some cheap front facing camera, and install the wires to that lockpic device which that one video showed, is that correct? and then be able to have it viewable on the screen in front of you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lock pic unit cost $349.00. A little pricey, camera is easy to install, ran my wires up and around the driver side, video wire plugs into the lock pic harness. I started having problems with the switching from back to front view. No way to contact the lock pic tech people for help. Crappy way of doing business, and for the price, I have a feeling, that it is a rip off. If you are interested in the lock pic harness, give me a call, and maybe we can work something out. 916-205-6907 Ask for Pete

Back