windshield washer pump | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

windshield washer pump

Come to find out, the actual problem with mine is the sensor isn't working to tell me the fluid is low. I was in fact out of washer fluid but nothing came on in my msg center. The light doesn't cycle on either in the dash when i turn the key to the on position. Haven't taken it in yet for them to look at. 42k miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the light will come on briefly at start-up after you refill the container?

Peter

Thank you very much Crystal. I hope it doesnt come to that, but I always appreciate seeing your commitment to customer satisfaction. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Boostking, Did you finally got it checked and what were the results? BTW I am on a road trip from Denver to SLC/UT, Boise/ID, Bend/OR, Florence/OR and then south to Redwood City/CA and then headed back to Denver. Loving the ride/comfort of ExSport.

Unfortunately I had to reschedule for tomorrow morning, something came up on Friday. So I will report back once I get them to look at it.

So I was able to go today. The service guy was very nice and ended up taking care of it without issue. He showed me the gunk that was on the filter side of the washer pump. Neither of us have seen this before. Very bizarre. He took care of it no charge and the washer is working again. I will post pictures when I get back to my computer, I'm on my cell phone now.

...Haven't taken it in yet for them to look at. 42k miles.

That sounds like your best next step, jwright4. Let us know when you head in; I'll continue to check in to see how things progress.

...He took care of it no charge and the washer is working again...

I'm glad they took great care of you, Boostking. Thanks for sharing your results with us! :)

Crystal

20141223_095628_zpsaf53b8db.jpg

20141223_095740_zpsdf65fe0d.jpg

I've never seen anything like it. It was very slimy, almost felt like silly string? He dumped out all the old fluid and refilled it. It should be good to go. I checked my bottles of washer fluid and they had no mystery goo in them, even poured the one I'd been using through a strainer. Oh well, I'm glad its fixed. Thanks for the support.

Thanks for the response Boostking. I hope they didn't ask you to not use any specific Washer fluid. If they did, please do share. Glad it all worked out fine for you.

winshield washer

I have a 2012 ford explorer xlt. All of a sudden the windshield washer is not pumping fluid i can hear the pump running but no fluid on the rear or front windshield has anyone had this problem or have any suggestion thanks in advance for the help.

i forgot to say that the winshield washer fluid is full

It has been cold for here but today in the 50's I don't think so the fluid is supposed to be good for 0

Yeah, it's not temperature related, then, at those temps. Roll Tide.

Is it water or a washer fluid? And is it completely full, on all my past SUV's, the front washer will still flow but the rear stops once it falls below half...

I have a 2012 ford explorer xlt. All of a sudden the winshield washer is not pumping fluid i can hear the pump running but no fluid on the rear or front winshield has anyone had this problem or have any suggestion thanks in advance for the help.
I merged your thread with this existing one. Are you able to disconnect one of the hoses from its nozzle of from the pump? Try that and see if any fluid comes out. If not, it could be a defective pump. Just because you hear it running doesn't always mean that it's pumping.

Peter

ok ill try that how much is a pump to have put on just to know

Attachments

• 5645333380_f8308d2f26_bP5010078a_2_001.JPG
    5645333380_f8308d2f26_bP5010078a_2_001.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 313
  • Washer Pump.jpg
    Washer Pump.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 343

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Windshield Washer Fluid Stopped Squirting

Has anybody had an issue where their windshield washer fluid all of a sudden stopped working? I'm hitting the button and I hear the motor going but the driver's side squirts NOTHING and the passenger side squirts out just a pinch to only cover the bottom 1/4 of the windshield. At first I thought it was frozen from the cold weather but it's been much warmer and still I'm having the same issue. It doesn't appear to be dirty from anything. Is it worth sticking a toothpick in the hole to "clear it out" or is it time for Ford Service?

Back