• Register Today It's free!

SCT badge location thoughts?

HokieFan4Ever

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a new 2015 Sport, and just recently added the SCT tune - and absolutely love it! After some consideration (something to be said for the "clean" look - there have been some awesome posts about that too) I decided I want to add the included SCT badge on my vehicle (a chrome SCT logo slightly smaller than the Sport logo on the rear). My question is - where should it go? As a prior Chevy guy, I'm admittedly unfamiliar with Ford badging, so forgive me if there is an obvious choice for something like this.

I'm leaning towards above the Sport badge, making it look like "SCT Sport." But I could also see it below or next to the Sport, or above/below/next to the eco boost badge on the right side.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure its all black, no chrome for the Sport.

Well, I suppose I meant silver - it is essentially the same color and finish of the "Sport" badge on the left side of the rear.

One thing I've read in some of the threads where members have added a 'tune' is that some say that they will remove the 'tune' anytime they have to take the vehicle to the dealer for work to be done in case it brings up a possible 'warranty issue'. If that is the general feeling/concern, then would you really want that badge stuck on the vehicle?

Peter

I did think of that. My thought, though, was that if there was an issue serious enough for me to have to bring it to a dealer, they would find out regardless (after having returned to stock of course). Not to mention if the catastrophic happens, a hair dryer will come in handy - Im not talking about a tattoo here ;)

I'm simply asking for opinions on where the logo would look the best :)

Badges3_zps1ba4b562.jpg

'Less Is More'! :D

It looks like the consensus so far is to not put it on at all, hmmm. I definitely understand the desire for a clean look, but I was thinking it would be neat to have a vehicle that looks just a little different. Building a sleeper would no doubt be fun, but At the same time I see value in sharing one's vehicle. If somebody walked by my ex in the parking lot right now, they wouldn't know it had the tune. The badge itself is small and subtle.

Now I realize this isn't quite the same thing - but the other day I walked past a viper in the parking lot, and above the stock badge was the Hennessey logo. Not that a viper needs help sticking out in a crowd in the first place, but my thought walking by was - wow, that's pretty cool. If I had a car like that, I'd put that sticker on too :)

I guess to each their own. my thought is, if I'm gonna spend money upgrading my vehicle and making it a little different - and can do something to share it in a subtle way - I don't mind putting a small logo, etc. on the car.

Just remember it is your Explorer to do with as you please. Everyone has opinions on what or what not to do, but you're the one who paid for it and gets to drive it. So do what ever you think is right for you to enjoy it even more.:thumbsup:
Happy New Year.

Peter

A Hennessey logo, and your tune are night, and day different in the $$$ department (and bragging rights). :D

As said, it's YOUR car.

It looks like the consensus so far is to not put it on at all, hmmm. I definitely understand the desire for a clean look, but I was thinking it would be neat to have a vehicle that looks just a little different. Building a sleeper would no doubt be fun, but At the same time I see value in sharing one's vehicle. If somebody walked by my ex in the parking lot right now, they wouldn't know it had the tune. The badge itself is small and subtle.

Now I realize this isn't quite the same thing - but the other day I walked past a viper in the parking lot, and above the stock badge was the Hennessey logo. Not that a viper needs help sticking out in a crowd in the first place, but my thought walking by was - wow, that's pretty cool. If I had a car like that, I'd put that sticker on too :)

I guess to each their own. my thought is, if I'm gonna spend money upgrading my vehicle and making it a little different - and can do something to share it in a subtle way - I don't mind putting a small logo, etc. on the car.

I would say remove the ecoboost logo and put it there .

I vote do not put it on at all. The sct badge itself is not very attractive looking, I feel it looks tacky with those flames.

WOW.....I finally got a look at what the SCT logo looks like and I have to agree with the "not putting it on at all" comment . That is a very generic looking logo with those awesome flames . The logo would look a million times better without the flames :thumbsup:

Not a fan of ecoboost, but ecobeast is even worse!

My vote goes for in the trash

Back